I have tried to download something, but it seems very complex. Is that
normal?

Best regards Jens

The canonical source for free Gnu H8 toolchains is http://www.kpitgnutools.com/
> I have tried to download something, but it seems very complex. > Is that normal?
I didn't think it was that complex, but I've used gcc for embedded development on other platforms before. I believe you can use the gnu toolchains from kpit-cummins with the Hitachi HEW IDE, but I've never tried it. You may want to take a look here for more info on using Gnu tools on the H8 platform: http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/gnuh8/ -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! over in west at Philadelphia a puppy is visi.com vomiting...
Hi Grant

Thanks for your tip, I am newbe into GNU so what now?

I have now downloaded GNUH8 v0401 Source Code of GCC and unpacked it with
winrar.

How do I continou?

Is the there an installation to be done?

Any paths to set etc?

The install subdirectory looks looks pretty empty

Can you help me further?

Thanks,

best regards Jens

"Grant Edwards" <grante@visi.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> On 2004-03-08, Jens Gydesen <j.gydesen@REMOVETHISwebspeed.dk> wrote: > > > Where do I find a free (perhaps GNU) H8 C-compiler, easy to > > get started with? > > The canonical source for free Gnu H8 toolchains is > > http://www.kpitgnutools.com/ > > > I have tried to download something, but it seems very complex. > > Is that normal? > > I didn't think it was that complex, but I've used gcc for > embedded development on other platforms before. I believe you > can use the gnu toolchains from kpit-cummins with the Hitachi > HEW IDE, but I've never tried it. You may want to take a look > here for more info on using Gnu tools on the H8 platform: > > http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/gnuh8/ > > -- > Grant Edwards grante Yow! over in west > at Philadelphia a puppy is > visi.com vomiting...
Lookking for free H8 tools - you are on the right track ... to be used in a
Linux or Windows environment ?

I will assume Windows - since I am NOT a Linux master!
- logging into http://www.kpitgnutools.com/
- first download and install HEW 3.0.6-ntc for KPIT GNU Tools with
Simulators (Found under the "Renesas Tools" menu).
- then download e.g. GNUH8 v0401 Windows Tool Chain (COFF) .. and install.
- You will need e.g. HDI to load your target

Now you will be having a professional developing environment - for free,
installed in less than 15minutes.

Yeahhh it is complicated if you never used such stuff before - but learning
by doing is the best way :-) ..... by the way which micro are you going to
use ... using an EVB or?

Kristoffer Gade

"Jens Gydesen" <j.gydesen@REMOVETHISwebspeed.dk> wrote in message
> Hi > > Where do I find a free (perhaps GNU) H8 C-compiler, easy to get started > with? > > I have tried to download something, but it seems very complex. Is that > normal? > > Best regards Jens > >

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference