data memory mapping microblaze

Started by alb February 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm dealing with an mb-lite which is clone of the microblaze
architecture and I'm trying to understand how the memory mapping works.

We have memory mapped registers which are needed to exchange data
between the uP and the FPGA and it should be pretty straight forward to
map this memory into a segment in 'data memory', but unfortunately it
seems the object-dump does not seem to show anything but a list of
segments with no distinction between 'data memory' and 'instruction
memory'.

IIRC on similar Harvard Architectures (like the ADSP21xx) you could
write the linker script to store data and instructions.

I'm using a mb-gcc and I've looked to the ld refernce, but how can you
specify that a set of registers need to go to the data memory to a
specific address? Or is it implicitely assumed that .data segments would
go to a 'data memory'?

Anyone with any pointer?

Al

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

alb <al.basili@gmail.com> wrote:
[]
> I'm dealing with an mb-lite which is clone of the microblaze > architecture and I'm trying to understand how the memory mapping works.
please disregard this thread since it is essentially covered by the following: Message-ID: <news:c5478350-2bcb-4334-9fb4-55841d6bd07a@googlegroups.com> Subject: MicroBlaze program memory vs data memory Apologize for stepping on somebody else's foot, I missed it when reading the latest articles. Al

Memfault Beyond the Launch