firewire slave processors

Started by Robert Lacoste January 13, 2004
Another question on firewire : Who knows what are the available firewire
interface chips (slave side) ? Is there any microcontroller with firewire
interface built in, as we have for the usb (like Cypress's FX) ?

Many thanks,

Robert Lacoste - ALCIOM
http://www.alciom.com

Robert Lacoste wrote:
> Another question on firewire : Who knows what are the available > firewire interface chips (slave side) ? Is there any microcontroller > with firewire interface built in, as we have for the usb (like > Cypress's FX) ? > > Many thanks, > > Robert Lacoste - ALCIOM > http://www.alciom.com
In general, there are two 1394 interface chips; the Link Layer Controller (Link) and Physical Layer Controller (Phy). This is to facilitate galvanic isolation between the bus and the Node. For low-cost, low-power embedded applications, there is Texas Instrument's TSB12LV32 Link chip and the TSB41AB1 single port Phy chip. The TSB12LV32 can be configured to interface to any CPU but has special support for the ColdFire CPU. Alternatively, there are some System-On-Chip solutions around like Oxford Semiconductor's OXUF922 mentiond recently in this group; this is SoC that contains 1394 Link and ARM7DTMI CPU.
Many thanks ! This newsgroup is really a wonderful resource !
Yours,
Robert

"Tim Clacy" <nospamtcl@nospamphaseone.nospamdk> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de
> Robert Lacoste wrote: > > Another question on firewire : Who knows what are the available > > firewire interface chips (slave side) ? Is there any microcontroller > > with firewire interface built in, as we have for the usb (like > > Cypress's FX) ? > > > > Many thanks, > > > > Robert Lacoste - ALCIOM > > http://www.alciom.com > > In general, there are two 1394 interface chips; the Link Layer Controller > (Link) and Physical Layer Controller (Phy). This is to facilitate galvanic > isolation between the bus and the Node. For low-cost, low-power embedded > applications, there is Texas Instrument's TSB12LV32 Link chip and the > TSB41AB1 single port Phy chip. The TSB12LV32 can be configured to
interface
> to any CPU but has special support for the ColdFire CPU. Alternatively, > there are some System-On-Chip solutions around like Oxford Semiconductor's > OXUF922 mentiond recently in this group; this is SoC that contains 1394
Link
> and ARM7DTMI CPU. > > >

Memfault Beyond the Launch