MPC8260 - I2C - single channel 1-wire master (DS2482) - 1 wire EEPROM (DS2433)

Started by Unknown December 31, 2004
Hi,

I'm writing an I2C driver for the MPC8260 that needs to read/write to a
1-wire EEPROM via a single channel 1-wire master.  Since I'm new to the
embedded world, I was wondering, if I want to send a READ ROM command
to the 1 wire EEPROM, how must I go about doing that via software?  How
must I format the Tx buffer of the I2C to send that out to the 1-wire
EEPROM via the single-channel 1-wire master?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Dead Fish

>Since I'm new to the >embedded world, I was wondering, if I want to send a READ ROM command >to the 1 wire EEPROM, how must I go about doing that via software? How >must I format the Tx buffer of the I2C to send that out to the 1-wire >EEPROM via the single-channel 1-wire master?
Have you read the DS2482 datasheet?
Yes, I have.  I've looked at the I2C Communication Examples many, many
times.  Do I format the TX buffer for each byte of data or can I format
it to take several bytes of data?

<deadfish007@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Yes, I have. I've looked at the I2C Communication Examples many, many > times. Do I format the TX buffer for each byte of data or can I format > it to take several bytes of data?
Do yourself a favour and write a bit banging driver. It is much easier than using the I2C unit. Unless you have fully understood the programming model of the CPM, your driver will be up much faster. - Rene
Thanks to everyone that have responded.  I've figured it out.

Memfault Beyond the Launch