Forums

Does someone know the type of this connector?

Started by Jan Weber December 15, 2003
Hi folks,

I've got a nice Pentium III SBC and I'd like to know how the used card edge
connector is called and where to obtain mating connectors. It is a joined
PCI/ISA connector.

Here is a pic of it: http://gbombeck.bei.t-online.de/sbc.jpg

Thanks for your help,

Jan

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:18:30 +0100, Jan Weber wrote:
> Hi folks, > > I've got a nice Pentium III SBC and I'd like to know how the used card edge > connector is called and where to obtain mating connectors. It is a joined > PCI/ISA connector. > > Here is a pic of it: http://gbombeck.bei.t-online.de/sbc.jpg > > Thanks for your help,
It looks like an AGP connector used for PC video cards, but it has too many pins and the wrong locating slot positions. That's be a good place to start, though, because they're probably a general purpose high-density edge connector. Have you tried asking the manufacturer? -- Trevor Barton Isotek Electronics Ltd, 9 Clayton Wood Bank, Leeds, LS16 6QZ, UK. Tel: +44 (113) 275 1339, Fax +44 (113) 224 9827 Remove X from tmb@Xisotek.co.uk before replying. Views expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Isotek Electronics Ltd.
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:18:30 +0100, Jan Weber wrote:
> Hi folks, > > I've got a nice Pentium III SBC and I'd like to know how the used card
edge
> connector is called and where to obtain mating connectors. It is a joined > PCI/ISA connector.
..and is therefore called a PISA connector. Searched a bit on google but so far I only found manufaturers of CPU boards, back planes etc. but not the bare connector. Meindert
"Jan Weber" <mr.crowley@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi folks, > > I've got a nice Pentium III SBC and I'd like to know how the used card
edge
> connector is called and where to obtain mating connectors. It is a joined > PCI/ISA connector. > > Here is a pic of it: http://gbombeck.bei.t-online.de/sbc.jpg > > Thanks for your help, > > Jan >
Isn't that the old EISA connector?

Quick google search on "hs6237" coughed up: http://www.wealthtec.co.kr/production/cpu%20board/HS-6237/HS-62376637v3.0_ manual.pdf It's called a PISA connector. Searching on PISA connector - "leaning tower of" yielded: http://www.dpie.com/pcbus/pisabackplane.html and about 5,000 others. -enjoy