TOSHIBA TLCS-900 C Compiler

Started by Mike Mullen December 13, 2003
I am trying to find a C-Compiler for a cipherLabs CPT-8000 batch
barcode scanner, I am doing a project for uni and I need to program
one of these units using C, the compiler however costs a couple of
hundred dollars which i am unable to afford.

I know that the unit runs on a TOSHIBA TLCS-900 16-bit MCU and
that I need the compiler from toshiba. If anyone knows one knows where
i can get a copy of this compiler pls let me know, thanks
"Mike Mullen" <csuaac@warwick.ac.uk> wrote in message
> I am trying to find a C-Compiler for a cipherLabs CPT-8000 batch > barcode scanner, I am doing a project for uni and I need to program > one of these units using C, the compiler however costs a couple of > hundred dollars which i am unable to afford. > > I know that the unit runs on a TOSHIBA TLCS-900 16-bit MCU and > that I need the compiler from toshiba. If anyone knows one knows where > i can get a copy of this compiler pls let me know, thanks
This is one of those places where your professor can help, by asking Toshiba to supply a compiler on an educational license. Vendors generally look kindly on requests from university professors for assistance with student projects.
>I know that the unit runs on a TOSHIBA TLCS-900 16-bit MCU and
Do _not_ try IAR compiler - I have one for TLCS900/H/L... with errors in both compiler and debugger. When I wrote to IAR about these errors, I got response (after 3 months of ping-pong) "We're not _interested_ in correcting these errors"!!!! Now I'm using only cores with gcc support. -- Jerry

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference