Research Assistantship (Spring, 2020) at the Graduate School, School of Software, Hallym University, Korea
The [Advanced AI-Communication Lab] and [AI Accelerator Design Lab] of the Hallym University seek to recruit promising PhD and MSc or MSc-PhD research students.
* [Advanced AI-Communication Lab]
The selected students will conduct research in the AI based wireless communication and network, network information theory, and AI assisted medical information system.
Interested applicants should contact Prof. Noh, Wonjong by 10 Nov, 2019 Korean time (GMT + 9). His contact details are as follows:
- E-mail: wonjong.noh at hallym.ac.kr
- URL: https://sites.google.com/view/ai-comm-lab/home
* [AI Accelerator Design Lab]
The selected students will conduct research in the [Hardware Implementation of Machine Learning Algorithms] and [Parallel/Accelerated Computing for Machine Learning].
Interested applicants should contact Prof. Lee, Jeong-Gun by 10 Nov, 2019 Korean time (GMT + 9). His contact details are as follows:
- E-mail: jeonggun.lee at hallym.ac.kr
- URL: http://www.onchip.net
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of Feb 28, 2020
O For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
O For Doctoral program: students should hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
• Important Requirements:
O Good background in the area(s) of research
O Good programming skills
O Good English language skills- written and oral
O Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment
O Good ability for highly motivated independent research
Listed below are some features of this research assistantship and the expected benefits of the program for successful applicants:
O Full tuition fees for study period
O Monthly Allowance of 800,000 ~ 900,000 won (KRW)
O Extra allowances based on research performance
Duration: Direct MSc- 2years, PhD- 3years, MSc-PhD Combined- 4years
Expected commencement date: March 2020
Interested applicants should send the following to Prof. Wonjong Noh or Prof. Jeong-Gun Lee by 10 Nov, 2019 Korean time (GMT + 9):
1) CV (to include names, date of birth, nationality, sex, contact details, education, work experience, publications). Only electronic applications are accepted.
2) Academic transcripts
3) Brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg accepted, in progress, submitted, etc)