Forums

Zephyr Project

Started by pozz May 16, 2020
https://www.zephyrproject.org/

What do you think of this project? An open-source full-featured RTOS 
that runs on many dev boards with 32-bits MCU/MPU, with or without 
memory protection. From the Linux Foundation.

I didn't know it, until now.

pozz <pozzugno@gmail.com> writes:
> https://www.zephyrproject.org/ > What do you think of this project? An open-source full-featured RTOS
Aren't there about a gazillion of these already? Is yet another one interesting?
Paul Rubin <no.email@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> pozz <pozzugno@gmail.com> writes: > > https://www.zephyrproject.org/ > > What do you think of this project? An open-source full-featured RTOS > > Aren't there about a gazillion of these already? Is yet another one > interesting?
It looks reasonable: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/introduction/index.html#distinguishing-features There's nothing there particularly distinctive, but maybe the combination of features and the Apache licence might be appealing? The security architecture also looks interesting (ie it exists, and does appear they've put some thought into it). Theo
On 16 May 2020 21:37:50 +0100 (BST), Theo
<theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>Paul Rubin <no.email@nospam.invalid> wrote: >> pozz <pozzugno@gmail.com> writes: >> > https://www.zephyrproject.org/ >> > What do you think of this project? An open-source full-featured RTOS >> >> Aren't there about a gazillion of these already? Is yet another one >> interesting? > >It looks reasonable: >https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/introduction/index.html#distinguishing-features > >There's nothing there particularly distinctive, but maybe the combination of >features and the Apache licence might be appealing? The security >architecture also looks interesting (ie it exists, and does appear they've >put some thought into it). > >Theo
I recently heard an interview on embedded.fm with Kate Stewart (@_kate_stewart) of the Linux Foundation talking about the zephyr project. Sounds like it is used a lot. https://embedded.fm/ 329: AT LEAST 32-BITS, THANK YOU
boB <boB@K7IQ.com> writes:

> I recently heard an interview on embedded.fm with > Kate Stewart (@_kate_stewart) of the Linux Foundation talking about > the zephyr project. Sounds like it is used a lot. > > https://embedded.fm/ > > 329: AT LEAST 32-BITS, THANK YOU
Thanks, I haven't listened to embedded.fm in a while. Interesting as ever.