How to convert simple ASCII code to OPC protocol

Started by hon123456 April 7, 2005
Dear all,

      I got a software which receive signal from hardware, and then
the software send out ASCII code to one com port, e.g. @0324Z1!. This
ASCII code is received by another software in other computer through
rs-232 com port. Now, we need to use the OPC protocol to communicate
with other computer. Sow what is the step I needed to convert this
simple ASCII code to OPC protocol? Do I need to write an OPC server
which get ASCII code from the com port? And then use the the OPC
client to acess the ASCII code from the OPC Server? Where can I get
those Dll or Library for software development?

Thanks.
"hon123456" <peterhon321@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> Dear all, > > I got a software which receive signal from hardware, and then > the software send out ASCII code to one com port, e.g. @0324Z1!. This > ASCII code is received by another software in other computer through > rs-232 com port. Now, we need to use the OPC protocol to communicate > with other computer. Sow what is the step I needed to convert this > simple ASCII code to OPC protocol? Do I need to write an OPC server > which get ASCII code from the com port? And then use the the OPC > client to acess the ASCII code from the OPC Server? Where can I get > those Dll or Library for software development?
A search on Google for "OPC server" wil give you tons of information. Meindert

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference