Is Atmel dataflash 5v safe?

Started by Tim Mitchell April 8, 2005
Despite scouring the datasheet, I cannot find the answer to this
question:
Can you safely apply 5V inputs to Atmel Dataflash devices? (vcc=2.7V)

It quotes the "Absolute Max input voltage" as 6.25V, so presumably it
won't blow up, but will it work?

I'm using a 5V processor and would rather like to not get involved in
lots of level shifting.
--
Tim Mitchell
"Tim Mitchell" <timng@sabretechnology.co.uk> wrote in message
> Despite scouring the datasheet, I cannot find the answer to this > question: > Can you safely apply 5V inputs to Atmel Dataflash devices? (vcc=2.7V) > > It quotes the "Absolute Max input voltage" as 6.25V, so presumably it > won't blow up, but will it work? > > I'm using a 5V processor and would rather like to not get involved in > lots of level shifting. > -- > Tim Mitchell
I am using AT45DB041 in a 5V system. It is designed to withstand 5V on inputs... All works flawlessly... regards Dejan
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:44:57 +0100, Tim Mitchell <timng@sabretechnology.co.uk> wrote:

>Despite scouring the datasheet, I cannot find the answer to this >question: >Can you safely apply 5V inputs to Atmel Dataflash devices? (vcc=2.7V) > >It quotes the "Absolute Max input voltage" as 6.25V, so presumably it >won't blow up, but will it work? > >I'm using a 5V processor and would rather like to not get involved in >lots of level shifting.
Atmel's document DOC3297 describes using 3V Dataflash devices in 5 volt systems. regards David

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference