Does LPC-H2214 have USB host?

Started by Dmitry Mukhin April 12, 2005
Hello guys,

I am wondering is LPC-H2214 from here
http://optimal-microsystems.com/store/index.php?cPath=24
has USB host? It is not clear to me what "USB-RS232 virtual port" means.
I am looking for ARM7TDMI based microcontroller with USB port so I can
plug USB peripherals into it and would like to have eCos running on it.
Can anybody help?

Best regards,
Dmitry.
> I am wondering is LPC-H2214 from here > http://optimal-microsystems.com/store/index.php?cPath=24 > has USB host? It is not clear to me what "USB-RS232 virtual port" > means. I am looking for ARM7TDMI based microcontroller with USB port > so I can plug USB peripherals into it and would like to have eCos > running on it. Can anybody help?
Its a USB slave: if you look at the schematic you can see that its an FTDI FT232BM. So this lets you connect the board to your PC via USB but communicate with it using serial protocols. The HH2214 will just see a serial port. Andrew
Andrew Jackson wrote:

> Its a USB slave: if you look at the schematic you can see that its an FTDI > FT232BM. So this lets you connect the board to your PC via USB but > communicate with it using serial protocols. The HH2214 will just see a > serial port.
That what I thought. Thank you Andrew.
"Dmitry Mukhin" <galileodocgen@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello guys, > > I am wondering is LPC-H2214 from here > http://optimal-microsystems.com/store/index.php?cPath=24 > has USB host? It is not clear to me what "USB-RS232 virtual port" means. > I am looking for ARM7TDMI based microcontroller with USB port so I can > plug USB peripherals into it and would like to have eCos running on it. > Can anybody help? > > Best regards, > Dmitry.
Very few ARM7 chips have USB host. You can get an Atmel AT43USB380 Development Kit which has an ARM7 (AT91R40008) and a USB host. -- Best Regards Ulf at atmel dot com These comments are intended to be my own opinion and they may, or may not be shared by my employer, Atmel Sweden.
> Very few ARM7 chips have USB host. > You can get an Atmel AT43USB380 Development Kit which has an ARM7 > (AT91R40008) and a USB host. >
Thank you Ulf, I am wondering if I want to play with AT43USB380 Development Kit do I have to purchase AT43DK380-PDC1/2 and what they are? Regards, Dmitry.
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

> Very few ARM7 chips have USB host. > You can get an Atmel AT43USB380 Development Kit which has an ARM7 > (AT91R40008) and a USB host. >
I am sorry, one more question. What about AT91SAM7SXX does it have host or slave? -dm

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference