wake up from the sleep mode atmega128

Started by Tamilmaran S May 17, 2005
hi,
   Good Day, I want to put my controller Atmega128 into the sleep mode,
it is going well but it is not waking up from the idle mode for any
interrupt occure. The actual asm code is as below:

;    3591        sleep_enable();
	CALL _sleep_enable
;    3592        idle();
	CALL _idle

_sleep_enable:
	in   r30,mcucr
	sbr  r30,__se_bit
	out  mcucr,r30
	ret

_sleep_disable:
	in   r30,mcucr
	cbr  r30,__se_bit
	out  mcucr,r30
	ret

_idle:
	in   r30,mcucr
	cbr  r30,__sm_mask
	out  mcucr,r30
	sleep
	ret

can anyone direct me to solve this problem , my advance thanks

with regards
marans

The interrupts you want to use must me enabled.

Dan,
      We enabled all the interrupts whatever we used, we  didn't block
any one them. Stil that problem is coming (not waking up from the idle
mode for any interrupt). We tried to simulate the above code , but the
program flow caught up in the ' sleep ' instruction itself, it is not
coming out from that line for timer overflow interrupt , but it should
come out. Thank you for your reply.

with regards
marans

In article <1116328456.264879.179830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
tamilmaranz@gmail.com says...
> Dan, > We enabled all the interrupts whatever we used, we didn't block > any one them. Stil that problem is coming (not waking up from the idle > mode for any interrupt). We tried to simulate the above code , but the > program flow caught up in the ' sleep ' instruction itself, it is not > coming out from that line for timer overflow interrupt , but it should > come out. Thank you for your reply.
Above code? There is no above code. Robert
"Tamilmaran S" <tamilmaranz@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Dan, > We enabled all the interrupts whatever we used, we didn't block > any one them. Stil that problem is coming (not waking up from the idle > mode for any interrupt). We tried to simulate the above code , but the > program flow caught up in the ' sleep ' instruction itself, it is not > coming out from that line for timer overflow interrupt , but it should > come out. Thank you for your reply. > > with regards > marans >
Are the interrupts working before the sleep instruction? Do you have the global interrupt enable flag on? Jeroen

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference