SBC with USB Host Capabilities

Started by Unknown May 24, 2005
Are their any in expensive SBC's with USBhost capability, preferably a
2 host board that can also handle and LCD device.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks

On 24 May, in article
     <1116956055.769185.154410@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>

Just been looking round at PC104 and PC104+ myself, and come across many! For starters:- <http://www.ampltd.com/> <http://www.dsl-ltd.co.uk/> <http://bluechiptechnology.co.uk/products.php?part_id=41> Look at here for list of PC104 makers <http://www.pc104.com/>
see www.compulab.co.il

<bushxnyc@gmail.com> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de news:
<bushxnyc@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Are their any in expensive SBC's with USBhost capability, preferably a > 2 host board that can also handle and LCD device. > > I'd appreciate any help. > Thanks >
Cogent CSB637 might do... has both USB host and LCD. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may bot be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
In article <d7fe4g$a4n$2@public2.atmel-nantes.fr>, "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@atmel.nospam.com> writes:
> > Cogent CSB637 might do... > has both USB host and LCD. >
That looks like a nice board. Is there enough information freely available on it to allow someone to port an RTOS to it ? (I see that there's a RTEMS BSP for it, but it's US$1000, and my intended use is for hobbyist purposes.) Thanks for any information, Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century
"Simon Clubley" <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP> skrev i
meddelandet news:2kRUaQ5KJfhe@eisner.encompasserve.org...
> In article <d7fe4g$a4n$2@public2.atmel-nantes.fr>, "Ulf Samuelsson" > <ulf@atmel.nospam.com> writes: >> >> Cogent CSB637 might do... >> has both USB host and LCD. >> > > That looks like a nice board. Is there enough information freely available > on it to allow someone to port an RTOS to it ? (I see that there's a RTEMS > BSP for it, but it's US$1000, and my intended use is for hobbyist > purposes.) > > Thanks for any information, >
Once you have figured out what chips are on the board then you get the datasheets... -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may bot be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
In article <d7krqa$r6d$2@public2.atmel-nantes.fr>, "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@atmel.nospam.com> writes:
> "Simon Clubley" <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP> skrev i > meddelandet news:2kRUaQ5KJfhe@eisner.encompasserve.org... >> >> That looks like a nice board. Is there enough information freely available >> on it to allow someone to port an RTOS to it ? (I see that there's a RTEMS >> BSP for it, but it's US$1000, and my intended use is for hobbyist >> purposes.) >> >> Thanks for any information, >> > > Once you have figured out what chips are on the board then you > get the datasheets... >
Thank you Ulf, but I had already managed to work that one out. :-) What I was interested in knowing is if all the necessary datasheets are freely available, or if any are (for example) NDA access for large companies only. Thanks, Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century

> Are their any in expensive SBC's with USBhost capability, preferably a > 2 host board that can also handle and LCD device.
What is inexpensive, what are your power requirements, and how many do you want? I live in NYC, as I guess you do also. As long as your hobbyist project is cool, I can give you free one 3.5" biscuit PC with USB host and LVDS LCD support (it is a 667MHz Via-based board). It's a BCM EBC3610, older version of EBC3610-F <http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_emb.htm>. I have currently built it into a little system with a CD-ROM drive and PSU but you can rip it out for some other purpose.
In article <1117732295.253050.6180@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, larwe@larwe.com writes:
> >> Are their any in expensive SBC's with USBhost capability, preferably a >> 2 host board that can also handle and LCD device. > > I live in NYC, as I guess you do also. As long as your hobbyist project > is cool,
I think that you have confused me with the original poster :-) (I was the one, not the OP, talking about a hobbyist project). The CSB637 is available here in the UK for 110 UKP (+ VAT). Does anyone know of any similar priced boards, with USB Host, (and with a size of up to about 3-4 inches on each side) available in the UK ? Thanks for any information, Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century