Sample VFD Driver Source Needed!

Started by Unknown May 31, 2005
Hello,

I am supposed to write a Device Driver (Firmware) for a VFD module
(replacement for LCD). I am new to VFD. I am looking for some reference
material and / or source for the same. Let me know, if anybody has
pointers for the same.

Thanks and Regards
Arun

arun_linux@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello, > > I am supposed to write a Device Driver (Firmware) for a VFD module > (replacement for LCD). I am new to VFD. I am looking for some reference > material and / or source for the same. Let me know, if anybody has > pointers for the same. > > Thanks and Regards > Arun
I found this code a while ago, originally in chinese (???) and babelfish translated it, the comments are translated, not mine, hence the bad english. It is sample code for the PS6311. Our project was to decode what was on a DVD Recorder display to work out what mode and status it had. ; VFD DISPLAY CONTROL SUB PROGRAM (VFD 11 BYTE 16 SEG) INI_VFD: ; Initialization PS6311 CLR VFD_STB MOV A, #3AH ; Demonstrates the pattern establishment order character: 11, 17 section of LCALL OUTDATA SETB VFD_STB NOP RET WR_VFD: ; Writes the demonstration data to PS6311 CLR VFD_STB MOV A, #70H ; Data establishment order character: The normal work, the address add 1 way, writes demonstration data LCALL OUTDATA SETB VFD_STB NOP CLR VFD_STB MOV A, #0C0H ; Address establishment order character: 0 starts LCALL OUTDATA MOV R2, #21H MOV R1, #5FH ; from the address; The demonstration data puts on monolithic integrated circuit RAM 5FH ~ 7FH WR_VFD1: MOV A, @R1 LCALL OUTDATA INC R1 DJNZ R2, WR_VFD1 SETB VFD_STB NOP CLR VFD_STB MOV A, #0BFH LCALL OUTDATA ; Display control order character: Demonstrates, pulse width 14,/16 SETB VFD_STB RET RD_KEY: ; Reads the PS6311 keyboard data (17) CLR VFD_STB MOV A, #76H LCALL OUTDATA LCALL INDATA MOV KEY_BUF1, A ; The key value data-carrier storage first byte gives KEY_BUF1 LCALL INDATA MOV KEY_BUF2, A ; The key value data-carrier storage second byte gives KEY_BUF2 LCALL INDATA MOV KEY_BUF3, A ; The key value data-carrier storage third byte gives KEY_BUF3 SETB VFD_STB CLR VFD_STB RET OUTDATA: MOV R0, #08 ; Transmits byte SETB VFD_DOUT OUTDATA1: CLR VFD_CLK RRC A MOV VFD_DOUT, C SETB VFD_CLK DJNZ R0, OUTDATA1 RET INDATA: MOV R0, #08 ; Reads in byte SETB VFD_DOUT INDATA1: SETB VFD_CLK CLR VFD_CLK MOV C, VFD_DOUT RRC A DJNZ R0, INDATA1 RET Hope you find it of some assistance. Alec

Thought I'd see if thr original site was still there, it is! http://www.longtoo.com/mcu/uPD16311.asp Of course this only helps if you need to drive a uPD6311 or PS6311 Alec
> arun_linux@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I am supposed to write a Device Driver (Firmware) for a VFD module >> (replacement for LCD). I am new to VFD.
Noritake/Itron do VFD modules that are software compatible with the ubiquitous HD44180 LCD driver chip. So they can simply drop-in as replacements. There are additional controls for intensity, but not hard to adapt existing LCD driver code to control them. K.
>Hello, > >I am supposed to write a Device Driver (Firmware) for a VFD module >(replacement for LCD). I am new to VFD. I am looking for some reference >material and / or source for the same. Let me know, if anybody has >pointers for the same. > >Thanks and Regards >Arun > >
Some VFD modules (especially from Noritake) are intended as direc replacements (except electrical specs like current consumption) for th standard LCD modules. You haven't said that this is what you mean b "replacement for LCD". If it is, then there will be plenty of cod available depending on your processor and whether you want a high leve language implementation. A little more detail will advance your query. This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface o www.EmbeddedRelated.com
arun_linux@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello, > > I am supposed to write a Device Driver (Firmware) for a VFD module > (replacement for LCD). I am new to VFD. I am looking for some reference > material and / or source for the same. Let me know, if anybody has > pointers for the same. > > Thanks and Regards > Arun >
look on the noritake site. They have information on the construction and progamming requirements of VFD displays. --- Regards, Bob Monsen

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference