Beginner level help required

Started by shoaibali11 July 12, 2005
Hi everybody
   I am new to porting ucOS on an ARM processor so need your help please
My application requires Ethernet interfacing with ARM processor, so I nee
ucOS with tcp/ip stack. The processor I want to use is SAMSUNG S3C4510B.
even do not know where to start from as I have no knowledge of ucOS. But
I can learn very quickly if somebody please guide me. What I need is:
1- ucOS with TCP/IP stack
2- How to port ucOS on ARM processor
3-Tools needed to port
4-Tools needed to debug ucOS
***5***-Can I run ucOS on my PC to check its functionality, so that once
am confirmed with its functionality, Ithen start porting it to ARM

** I actually have planned to use Samsung's development board for S3C4510
processor
Currently I have  SNDS100 board board by Samsung but unfortunately I don
have any of its related stuff. I do have MultiICE but I it is no
supported by this board. If somebody has worked on it please help me.

                            Regards
                            Shoaib Ali

www.EmbeddedRelated.com
You should first check the Ports page on the Micrium (uCOS) web site: http://www.ucos-ii.com/ They have also published application notes for ARM ports (see the Support\app notes page). AN-1014 has a generic port that supports both ARM and Thumb mode. Also check the Samsung site. Many manufacturers have ports for uCOS already on their site. Next there is a newsgroup for all Micrium products on Yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MicriumNewsGroup/ Scott
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:00:56 -0500, shoaibali11 <shoaib.ali@and-or.com>
wrote:

> I am new to porting ucOS on an ARM processor so need your help please. > My application requires Ethernet interfacing with ARM processor, so I > need > ucOS with tcp/ip stack. The processor I want to use is SAMSUNG S3C4510B. > I > even do not know where to start from as I have no knowledge of ucOS.
I hate to ask it, but have you seen the Micrium web site? http://www.ucos-ii.com/contents/products/uc-os-ii.html http://www.ucos-ii.com/contents/products/TCP-IP/TCP-IP.html http://www.ucos-ii.com/contents/products/ucos-ii/ports-arm.html http://www.ucos-ii.com HTH, Vadim

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference