Philips P89C668: In System Programming through I2C

Started by seahcj December 13, 2004
Hi all,

I am doing a project, which is based on Philips 8051 microcontroller,
P89C668.

Right now, i have to implement a In system programming in the project.
Unfortunately, my hardware do not has Serial port connected, therefore,
i cannot use the standard ISP Boot ROM and Flash Magic as provided.

However, the only communication i have between controller and the host
is I2C bus.

What i planned to do is to write a Boot loader, which can communicate
with the host through I2C bus, and able to write into the flash memory
of controller, in order to perform ISP/IAP.

Can anyone guide me on this, maybe on i2C communication and ISP,
Because i try IAP, but i failed to write into the memory and i need
someone to guide me on writing the I2c Communication routine in
assembly.

thanks all for help

-seah

visit

http://www.standardproducts.philips.com/i2c/

"seahcj" <seahcj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, > > I am doing a project, which is based on Philips 8051 microcontroller, > P89C668. > > Right now, i have to implement a In system programming in the project. > Unfortunately, my hardware do not has Serial port connected, therefore, > i cannot use the standard ISP Boot ROM and Flash Magic as provided. > > However, the only communication i have between controller and the host > is I2C bus. > > What i planned to do is to write a Boot loader, which can communicate > with the host through I2C bus, and able to write into the flash memory > of controller, in order to perform ISP/IAP. > > Can anyone guide me on this, maybe on i2C communication and ISP, > Because i try IAP, but i failed to write into the memory and i need > someone to guide me on writing the I2c Communication routine in > assembly. > > > thanks all for help > > -seah >
Hi,

I have searched thru the philips website, but i failed to do the IAP.

Anyone here try IAP on P89C668 before, can leave me email address or
leave message here, so that i can contact you directly?
Thanks

my email: seahcj@hotmail.com