I am looking for a free Operation system that can be used for 8-bits
CPU, AVR; I am using a card with Atmega 128 and CC2420. I will
implement the IEEE 802.4.15 protocol stack but a need an OS that can
take care of the stack. I have look on the Contiki by Adam Dunkel but
is fully integrated with his TCP/IP stack so a need something else.
Does anyone have some suggestions?

Regards
Ulf Reiman

http://www.FreeRTOS.org or http://www.barello.net/avrx/ Regards. Richard
"Ulf Reiman" <ulf.reiman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi! > I am looking for a free Operation system that can be used for 8-bits > CPU, AVR; I am using a card with Atmega 128 and CC2420. I will > implement the IEEE 802.4.15 protocol stack but a need an OS that can > take care of the stack. I have look on the Contiki by Adam Dunkel but > is fully integrated with his TCP/IP stack so a need something else. > Does anyone have some suggestions? > > Regards > Ulf Reiman >
Look here www.ethernut.de regards Dejan
CMX Systems has both a RTOS and stack  for the AVR family.
www.cmx.com

"Chuck" <chuckb@cmx.com> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de news:
1125489737.745562.291960@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> CMX Systems has both a RTOS and stack for the AVR family. > www.cmx.com >
CMX is not free OS. Perhaps without royalties, but not free. -- -Stan
On 2005-08-31, Chuck <chuckb@cmx.com> wrote:

> CMX Systems has both a RTOS and stack for the AVR family. > www.cmx.com
A friend of mine whose technical opinions I trust implicitly used CMX-tiny on the AVR and had nothing nice to say about it. He recommended against it when I was shopping. In addition to the other's mentioned, there's XMK: http://www.shift-right.com/xmk/ I Haven't used it, but I was rather impressed after browsing the source code an documentation a while back. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Here I am in the at POSTERIOR OLFACTORY LOBULE visi.com but I don't see CARL SAGAN anywhere!!
Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2005-08-31, Chuck <chuckb@cmx.com> wrote: > > > CMX Systems has both a RTOS and stack for the AVR family. > > www.cmx.com > > A friend of mine whose technical opinions I trust implicitly > used CMX-tiny on the AVR and had nothing nice to say about it. > He recommended against it when I was shopping. > > In addition to the other's mentioned, there's XMK: > > http://www.shift-right.com/xmk/ > > I Haven't used it, but I was rather impressed after browsing the > source code an documentation a while back. > > -- > Grant Edwards grante Yow! Here I am in the > at POSTERIOR OLFACTORY LOBULE > visi.com but I don't see CARL SAGAN > anywhere!!
We'll, we have thousands of HAPPY customers. Not sure whom this friend is, but I can provide contact info of people specifically using CMX-TINY+ for the AVR and are very happy with it and some have tried or compared other OSes and we have won against them. Chuck
> We'll, we have thousands of HAPPY customers. Not sure whom this friend > is, but I can provide contact info of people specifically using > CMX-TINY+ for the AVR and are very happy with it and some have tried or > compared other OSes and we have won against them. > > Chuck
I think the comments are more an expression of frustration at your spamming this thread.
> >> We'll, we have thousands of HAPPY customers. Not sure whom this friend >> is, but I can provide contact info of people specifically using >> CMX-TINY+ for the AVR and are very happy with it and some have tried or >> compared other OSes and we have won against them. > > I think the comments are more an expression of frustration at your spamming > this thread.
No, my friend's negative comments regarded his having to find and fix a bug in the scheduler. He said that the scheduler was written in "spaghetti" assembly language, and it wasn't fun to work on. I was surprised to hear that the scheduler was in assembly language -- I've worked with 4-5 RTOSes, and they were all written in C with a bit of assembly language for context save/restore. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! This MUST be a good at party -- My RIB CAGE is visi.com being painfully pressed up against someone's MARTINI!!
On 2005-08-31, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:
> On 2005-08-31, Ken <nomailgiven@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> We'll, we have thousands of HAPPY customers. Not sure whom this friend >>> is, but I can provide contact info of people specifically using >>> CMX-TINY+ for the AVR and are very happy with it and some have tried or >>> compared other OSes and we have won against them. >> >> I think the comments are more an expression of frustration at your spamming >> this thread. > > No, my friend's negative comments regarded his having to find > and fix a bug in the scheduler. He said that the scheduler was > written in "spaghetti" assembly language, and it wasn't fun to > work on. I was surprised to hear that the scheduler was in > assembly language -- I've worked with 4-5 RTOSes, and they were > all written in C with a bit of assembly language for context > save/restore.
No, wait, one was in Pascal. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Could I have a drug at overdose? visi.com

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference