USB Monitor software

Started by Richard Henry October 6, 2005
I am looking for some free-download software that can run on a PC (W 2000 or
XP) that will display all the communication between the PC and a selected
USB device, even if (especially if) the device is not being enumerated
properly.

So far, I am looking at HHD Software's "USB Monitor".  Anyone have
experience with this or something similar?

Richard Henry wrote:

> So far, I am looking at HHD Software's "USB Monitor". Anyone have > experience with this or something similar?
I've used SourceUSB (trial version). Not 100% sure it'll do what you want, but I found it useful for my purposes. <http://www.sourcequest.com/> Regards, Mark
I have used one called USB Snoopy.  It was first recommend to me by a
recent CS graduate who did his senior project on USB communications.  I
have used it to capture the sequence of events windows uses to
enumerate devices.

Check out SnoopyPro at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/

or see the list at:

http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm#DevelopmentTools

Jim Boyle

"Richard Henry" <rphenry@home.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for some free-download software that can run on a PC (W 2000
or
> XP) that will display all the communication between the PC and a selected > USB device, even if (especially if) the device is not being enumerated > properly. > > So far, I am looking at HHD Software's "USB Monitor". Anyone have > experience with this or something similar? > > >

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference