cheapest board able to run linux

Started by Damiano November 7, 2005
Hallo

I'm looking for a cheap sbc available in quantity for an embedded project.
I'm looking for something able to run at least uclinux or ecos.
I had a look but i did not find anything far from $99.
I'dlike something around 20 max 30$, around 100$ I already have boards able
to run an embedded bsd system, but it is too expensive for the current
project.

Any idea?

Thx in advance.
Damiano

Damiano wrote:

> I'm looking for a cheap sbc available in quantity for an embedded project.
Most such requests would include a description of I/O, storage (flash?), memory needs. Tim.
Check out Logic PD

http://www.logicpd.com/

There boards have Linux and Win CE BSP's available.

Eric

Most processors that can run an operating system like uclinix (with a
MMU or Virtual MU) cost around $10, so finding a board for $20 would be
a dream come true.

Flash and RAM needed would be $5 cost on their own.

I'm not sure of your volume, but $20 is "low balling it"

Eric

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:14:57 +0100, Damiano

> I'm looking for something able to run at least uclinux or ecos. > I had a look but i did not find anything far from $99. > I'dlike something around 20 max 30$
box of palms from sulprus store -- I really have no idea what this means. And since I can't install linux on it, I'm gonna go back to surfing pr0n. the penguins are psychotic / just smile and wave
On 2005-11-07, Eric <ericjohnholland@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Most processors that can run an operating system like uclinix (with a > MMU or Virtual MU)
You don't need an MMU or VMU to run uclinux.
> cost around $10, so finding a board for $20 would be > a dream come true.
You can run uclinux on a $3 H8/300. The $3 only includes 128KB of flash and 32KB of RAM, so you'll probably have to add some external memory.
> Flash and RAM needed would be $5 cost on their own. > > I'm not sure of your volume, but $20 is "low balling it"
With a $3 CPU and $10 of memory, you could almost do a board for $20 that would run Linux with a couple serial ports and some port pints for I/O. Of course if you want Ethernet or a video controller or PCI bus or IDE controller or stuff like that, the price starts to go up... -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! It's OKAY -- I'm an at INTELLECTUAL, too. visi.com
uClinux - Samsung S3C4510B (EPSD or SNDS100 build) ---------- Linksys WAP11 Rev 2.2 Access Point Dlink DI-614+ Rev 2 (2 ant. ver.) router Compaq CP2E or CP2W routers Compusa (FMI400R) 4 port router Matel Juicebox MP3 player (S3C44B0X) Linux ---------- Linksys NSLU2 (IPX420) Linksys WRT54G (MIPS) Many more, Im sure. Some you just load up a new image and other you need to double the flash on to make more useful. Some require a RS232 level shifter too. Greg