PCB drawing

Started by icegray November 10, 2005
Hi all,
Which PCB program does Professional use?
PCAD is better than ORCAD and PADS or which one is better??????? I have
got ORCAD experience and I think ORCAD is not comfortable at advance
PCB. What do you think about PCB programs?

Protel DXP is good but BIG price.. for very low budget, have a look (and try it) at Rimu PCB, very nice for the price : http://www.hutson.co.nz/

I am using EAGLE for many years, and I think its price/performance ratio is very good. <http://www.cadsoft.de> -- Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Ma&#4294967295;.
In article <1131638011.906306.240550@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "icegray" <usrdr@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> Hi all, > Which PCB program does Professional use? > PCAD is better than ORCAD and PADS or which one is better??????? I have > got ORCAD experience and I think ORCAD is not comfortable at advance > PCB. What do you think about PCB programs? >
How many pins do you need ? I'm currently getting to grips with the free 256 pin version of Vutrax. See: http://www.vutrax.co.uk/ Be advised that it does have a big learning curve. Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Scientific Theory: A testable hypothesis that is supported by a body of evidence
Pulsonix is excellent - bugs get fixed very quickly and it is easy to
use:

http://www.pulsonix.com

It's somewhat cheaper than Orcad, PADS and Protel.

Leon

Have a look at TARGET3001! www.deyselectronics.com Great PCB program with lots of support. ..richard
"fred*" <fred@mail.com> wrote in message
> > "icegray" <usrdr@yahoo.co.uk> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de > news:1131638011.906306.240550@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >> Hi all, >> Which PCB program does Professional use? >> PCAD is better than ORCAD and PADS or which one is better??????? I have >> got ORCAD experience and I think ORCAD is not comfortable at advance >> PCB. What do you think about PCB programs? >> > > Protel DXP is good but BIG price.. > > for very low budget, have a look (and try it) at Rimu PCB, very nice for > the price : > http://www.hutson.co.nz/ > >
We use PCAD in my company and its excellent for professional use.Personal i prefer PROTEL because i feel more flexible for my projects.Finaly these two programms are the best choice for a prof use. Marios Lazos
Eagle user here also. Quite good.
"icegray" <usrdr@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all, > Which PCB program does Professional use? > PCAD is better than ORCAD and PADS or which one is better??????? I have > got ORCAD experience and I think ORCAD is not comfortable at advance > PCB. What do you think about PCB programs? >
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:09:50 -0800, "Marios Lazos"
<marioslazos@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >"fred*" <fred@mail.com> wrote in message >news:43737fd2$0$6659$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr... >> >> "icegray" <usrdr@yahoo.co.uk> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de >> news:1131638011.906306.240550@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >>> Hi all, >>> Which PCB program does Professional use? >>> PCAD is better than ORCAD and PADS or which one is better??????? I have >>> got ORCAD experience and I think ORCAD is not comfortable at advance >>> PCB. What do you think about PCB programs? >>> >> >> Protel DXP is good but BIG price.. >> >> for very low budget, have a look (and try it) at Rimu PCB, very nice for >> the price : >> http://www.hutson.co.nz/ >> >> > >We use PCAD in my company and its excellent for professional use.Personal i >prefer PROTEL because i feel more flexible for my projects.Finaly these two >programms are the best choice for a prof use. > >Marios Lazos >
Do you know if PCAD supports scripting? I have used Eagle for some years now, and one of the things I love in it is its scripting capabilities. Very useful to define rectangular or polar arrays of any structure. There are other things that I don't like so much, though, such as copying/moving objects across libraries. Best.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference