Circuit Design & Simulation software?

Started by Neo November 15, 2005
Hello Folks,

Is there any software to (preferrable in freeware domain) build circuits &
simulate it? I want to experiment with some simple circuits and want  to
simulate the behavior. Like what would be the voltage or current in
different part of the circuit, what will be the effect of adding more
resistor somewhere in between etc.

-Neo
"What you think, so you are..."  -The Buddha

Google brings up lots of them but I don't know what the quality of these are. A paid for version that I hav seen operating well is SIMetrix <http://www.catena.uk.com/> An associate who does ASIC design and other designs uses it and it does do a lot of useful things like adding scope (volt/current) probes to any point in a circuit. -- Paul Carpenter | paul@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk <http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/> PC Services <http://www.gnuh8.org.uk/> GNU H8 & mailing list info <http://www.badweb.org.uk/> For those web sites you hate
Neo wrote:
> Hello Folks, > > Is there any software to (preferrable in freeware domain) build circuits & > simulate it? I want to experiment with some simple circuits and want to > simulate the behavior. Like what would be the voltage or current in > different part of the circuit, what will be the effect of adding more > resistor somewhere in between etc. > > -Neo > "What you think, so you are..." -The Buddha > >
look for switchercad, good and free Stef

LTSpice is often recommended http://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp BeigeBag has a free Lite version http://www.beigebag.com/demos.htm There are several FOSS versions. Check http://sourceforge.net -- Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
"Neo" <timeless_illusionN0SPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Hello Folks, > > Is there any software to (preferrable in freeware domain) build > circuits & simulate it? I want to experiment with some simple circuits > and want to simulate the behavior. Like what would be the voltage or > current in different part of the circuit, what will be the effect of > adding more resistor somewhere in between etc. > > -Neo > "What you think, so you are..." -The Buddha > >
Tina Pro? No freeware but very cheap. Sam
> "Neo" <timeless_illusionN0SPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in > news:437a1b1f@news.microsoft.com: > >> Hello Folks, >> >> Is there any software to (preferable in freeware domain) build >> circuits & simulate it? I want to experiment with some simple circuits >> and want to simulate the behavior. Like what would be the voltage or >> current in different part of the circuit, what will be the effect of >> adding more resistor somewhere in between etc. >> >> -Neo
LTSpice seems to be the favourite. Google will find it for you. Ian

Memfault Beyond the Launch