Intel xScale family versus Motorola PowerPC

Started by Johnson November 18, 2005
Hi there,

Does anybody know the pros and cons of Intel xScale family and Motorola
PowerPC in general? Did anybody compare these 2 families before?

Any info or link will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Johnson

Intel xScale family versus Motorola PowerPC

> Does anybody know the pros and cons of Intel xScale family and Motorola > PowerPC in general? Did anybody compare these 2 families before?
I touched on this topic - or rather more generally PPC vs. ARM - in a recent article: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-migrate/
On 18 Nov 2005 10:09:39 -0800, in comp.arch.embedded "larwe"
<zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Does anybody know the pros and cons of Intel xScale family and Motorola >> PowerPC in general? Did anybody compare these 2 families before? > >I touched on this topic - or rather more generally PPC vs. ARM - in a >recent article: > >http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-migrate/
Nice article, thanks for the link martin
martin griffith wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2005 10:09:39 -0800, in comp.arch.embedded "larwe" > <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote: > > >>>Does anybody know the pros and cons of Intel xScale family and Motorola >>>PowerPC in general? Did anybody compare these 2 families before? >> >>I touched on this topic - or rather more generally PPC vs. ARM - in a >>recent article: >> >>http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-migrate/ >
How much a "Kuro Box mainboard" cost? What Opensource GPOS/RTOS I can install in it? Sam
bsder wrote:

> How much a "Kuro Box mainboard" cost?
You can't buy one.
> What Opensource GPOS/RTOS I can install in it?
It's intended to run Linux, which is preinstalled.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference