Debugging tools

Started by sam December 15, 2005
Hi,

Could any one please advice some effective debugging tools for RTEMS? I
want to watch kernel signals generated between parent and child
processes, share memory data interchange between multi-threads. If there
is no tools like that, is there any guideline for developing these tools?

Thank you very much for your attention.
Sam.
Yep, the broadsword is a logic analyzer with probes on all relevant traces. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
> sam wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Could any one please advice some effective debugging tools for RTEMS? >> I want to watch kernel signals generated between parent and child >> processes, share memory data interchange between multi-threads. If >> there is no tools like that, is there any guideline for developing >> these tools? >> >> Thank you very much for your attention. >> Sam. > > > Yep, the broadsword is a logic analyzer with probes > on all relevant traces. > > Rene
Hi, where can I download it? Thanks Sam
"sam" <samwun@telpacific.com.au> wrote in message
> Rene Tschaggelar wrote: >> sam wrote: >> >>> Hi, >>> >>> Could any one please advice some effective debugging tools for RTEMS? I >>> want to watch kernel signals generated between parent and child >>> processes, share memory data interchange between multi-threads. If there >>> is no tools like that, is there any guideline for developing these >>> tools? >>> >>> Thank you very much for your attention. >>> Sam. >> >> >> Yep, the broadsword is a logic analyzer with probes >> on all relevant traces. >> >> Rene > Hi, where can I download it? > > Thanks > Sam
:-)

:-) The cheapest solution would be an FPGA connected to your hardware together with some interfacing circuits. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net