Green Hills C++ Compiler
PowerPC embedded system
INTEGRITY RTOS contains default linker directives files for various BSPs and Simulator isimppc.
Those files are used to build an INTEGRITY applications.
There are three sorts of linker directives files:
* for Dynamic Downloadable applications (virtual AddressSpaces) , default linker directives file - INTEGRITY.ld;
* for Kernel RAM applications (KernelSpace in RAM), default linker directives file - default.ld;
* for Kernel ROM/Flash applications (KernelSpace in ROM/Flash), default linker directives file - flash.ld;
Linker directives files have comments which describe
* the various sections in the map
* recommendations how to specify various sections to change behavior of the applications (increasing, decreasing sizes; placement of
kernel in RAM, ROM, Flash; etc).
But to customize (create a new) linker directives file I need more information of its sections (how they affect an application
behavior; what must not do with them; etc).
Is there some documentation describing the meaning and use of all these sections: for various BSPs and Simulators.
email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com
Reply by Alex Vinokur●December 16, 20052005-12-16
"Alex Vinokur" <email@example.com> wrote in message news:firstname.lastname@example.org...
Of course, a question mark is missing here:
> Is there some documentation describing the meaning and use of all these sections: for various BSPs and Simulators.