SD memory protocol timing issue

Started by himassk December 21, 2005
Hi,

In SD memory Physical layer specification Version 1.10 written that:
Reference to Page no 75, Fig 25 Identification Timing:

The timing for CMD2 and ACMD41 is:
The command is followed by a period of two Z bits (allowing time for
direction switching on the bus) and then by P bits pushed up by the
responding card. The card response to
the host command starts after NID clock cycles. (NID = 5 clock cycles)

  My question is:
1. The card has to push P bits exactly after two Z bits or can it take
more time ?
2. The card has to respond to the host command exactly after 5 clock
cycle ?

Please clarify me.

Regards,
HimaSSK.

Where can I find the SD spec??

"himassk" <himassk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > In SD memory Physical layer specification Version 1.10 written that: > Reference to Page no 75, Fig 25 Identification Timing: > > The timing for CMD2 and ACMD41 is: > The command is followed by a period of two Z bits (allowing time for > direction switching on the bus) and then by P bits pushed up by the > responding card. The card response to > the host command starts after NID clock cycles. (NID = 5 clock cycles) > > My question is: > 1. The card has to push P bits exactly after two Z bits or can it take > more time ? > 2. The card has to respond to the host command exactly after 5 clock > cycle ? > > Please clarify me. > > Regards, > HimaSSK. >

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference