Seeking Video Generator IC

Started by Nappy January 3, 2006
I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory
containing bitmaps. I would like to be able to generate NTSC,PAL,RS343 and
RS170 video from bitmaps I can change in Flash or SRAM.So hopefully the
device will contain memory addressing and timing parameter registers.
Considering building our own logic to do this but I have to assume there are
solutions on the shelf somewhere.

 If anyone has experience with these device or can point me in any direction
I would appreciate it. Perhaps another newsgroup?

Thanks

eng

a bit more stuff here http://www.astro.uu.se/~marcus/private/newvidproc.html and some "jungle" IC's here http://www.search.philips.com/search/search?q=saa71+video&s=semi&l=global&h=semi and genlock chips If you find any dual port video ram thats easily avalable, please let me know HTH martin
"martin griffith" <mart_in_medina@yahoo.esXXX> wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:10:11 GMT, in comp.arch.embedded "Nappy" > <noemail@all.com> wrote: > > >I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory > >containing bitmaps. I would like to be able to generate NTSC,PAL,RS343
and
> >RS170 video from bitmaps I can change in Flash or SRAM.So hopefully the > >device will contain memory addressing and timing parameter registers. > >Considering building our own logic to do this but I have to assume there
are
> >solutions on the shelf somewhere. > > > > > > If anyone has experience with these device or can point me in any
direction
> >I would appreciate it. Perhaps another newsgroup? > > > >Thanks > > > >eng > > > > > a bit more stuff here > http://www.astro.uu.se/~marcus/private/newvidproc.html > and some "jungle" IC's here >
http://www.search.philips.com/search/search?q=saa71+video&s=semi&l=global&h=semi
> and genlock chips > > If you find any dual port video ram thats easily avalable, please let > me know > > HTH > > > > martin
Thank you Martin.. Will do.
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:10:11 GMT, "Nappy" <noemail@all.com> wrote:

>I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory >containing bitmaps. I would like to be able to generate NTSC,PAL,RS343 and >RS170 video from bitmaps I can change in Flash or SRAM.So hopefully the >device will contain memory addressing and timing parameter registers. >Considering building our own logic to do this but I have to assume there are >solutions on the shelf somewhere. > > > If anyone has experience with these device or can point me in any direction >I would appreciate it. Perhaps another newsgroup?
Fujitsu makes a series of graphic controllers that might be suitable. Look at http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/edevices/microelectronics/otherassps/graphicdisplay/ Regards Anton Erasmus
You didn't say what sort of resolution or bit depth you were looking
for.

If you only need low res monochrome, there are many options including
the SV1000 and SV2000 from speechchips.com

http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=14
http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=7

"KenLem" <kenneth.lemieux@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You didn't say what sort of resolution or bit depth you were looking > for.
hmmm.. NTSC is 720x480. RS343 is ~810x1080.
> > If you only need low res monochrome, there are many options including > the SV1000 and SV2000 from speechchips.com >
> http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=14 > http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=7
> > Nappy wrote: > > I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory > > containing bitmaps. I would like to be able to generate NTSC,PAL,RS343
and
> > RS170 video from bitmaps I can change in Flash or SRAM.So hopefully the > > device will contain memory addressing and timing parameter registers. > > Considering building our own logic to do this but I have to assume there
are
> > solutions on the shelf somewhere. > > > > > > If anyone has experience with these device or can point me in any
direction
> > I would appreciate it. Perhaps another newsgroup? > > > > Thanks > > > > eng >

Memfault Beyond the Launch