embedded usb

Started by rakesh January 18, 2006
hello ,
     I am doing my final year project related to interfacing
webcam(logitech quickcam express) and bluetooth-usb-dongle to LPC2106
microcontroller (based on ARM7TDMI processor) through usb host controller
,which transfers the static images captured by webcam through bluetooth.And
further capturing the static images through the bluetooth connected at the
PC end, and doing some image processing in matlab.
            It could be a very great help for me if you suggest me about
how to proceed for writing the driver for webcam and bluetooth.

                               waiting for valuable suggestion.

rakesh wrote:
> It could be a very great help for me if you suggest me about > how to proceed for writing the driver for webcam and bluetooth.
Don't do it. Use a bare CMOS sensor for the camera. Use an off-the-shelf Bluetooth stack. Writing the Bluetooth software will occupy more time than you have available.
larwe wrote:
> rakesh wrote: > >> It could be a very great help for me if you suggest me about >>how to proceed for writing the driver for webcam and bluetooth. > > > Don't do it. > > Use a bare CMOS sensor for the camera. > > Use an off-the-shelf Bluetooth stack. > > Writing the Bluetooth software will occupy more time than you have > available. >
Totally correct, though I'd simplify it even more by finding something similar to CMUcam. The most common senior project blunder is believing you can do anything, when in fact you barely have time to write acceptable documentation.

"larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de

| rakesh wrote:
| >             It could be a very great help for me if you suggest me about
| > how to proceed for writing the driver for webcam and bluetooth.
|
| Don't do it.
|
| Use a bare CMOS sensor for the camera.

Can you give me some link about this CMOS sensor ( easy to use ) ?

Thanks a lot.

--

        Stan .

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference