Forums

SECURE MESSAGING BASED ON ARM 7

Started by johny February 14, 2006
HI all


i need help regarding my project Secure Messaging Terminal on ARM 7.The
purpose of this project is to design a mobile secure messaging terminal
using a 32-bit ARM processor, LPC2104. Some of the symmetric
encryption/decryption algorithms used for securing the data are Data
Encryption Standard (DES), Triple Data Encryption Standard (TDES), and
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).


can anyone help me?i need some materials and links to download the
source code,to accomplish this task.pls help me 

regards 
john

johny wrote:

> HI all > > > i need help regarding my project Secure Messaging Terminal on ARM 7.The > purpose of this project is to design a mobile secure messaging terminal > using a 32-bit ARM processor, LPC2104. Some of the symmetric > encryption/decryption algorithms used for securing the data are Data > Encryption Standard (DES), Triple Data Encryption Standard (TDES), and > Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). > > > can anyone help me?i need some materials and links to download the > source code,to accomplish this task.pls help me > > regards > john
While not specifically for the ARM7 you may find looking into this article and following the leads will get you into the current secure kernel vogue. http://www.esemagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78&;Itemid=2 This kind of technique seems to be gaining ground very quickly and is finding a lot of support in the security and safety critical systems communities. -- ******************************************************************** Paul E. Bennett ....................<email://peb@amleth.demon.co.uk> Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....<http://www.amleth.demon.co.uk/> Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095 Going Forth Safely ..... EBA. www.electric-boat-association.org.uk.. ********************************************************************
> HI all > > > i need help regarding my project Secure Messaging Terminal on ARM 7.The > purpose of this project is to design a mobile secure messaging terminal > using a 32-bit ARM processor, LPC2104. Some of the symmetric > encryption/decryption algorithms used for securing the data are Data > Encryption Standard (DES), Triple Data Encryption Standard (TDES), and > Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). > > > can anyone help me?i need some materials and links to download the > source code,to accomplish this task.pls help me > > regards > john >
John (or whatever your name really is) I thought you were building an intrusion detection system for your homework assignment. That's the post you made a few days ago. Now its a secure messaging terminal ? Do you guys in India ever do your own work ?
johny wrote:
> HI all > > > i need help regarding my project Secure Messaging Terminal on ARM > 7.The purpose of this project is to design a mobile secure messaging > terminal using a 32-bit ARM processor, LPC2104. Some of the symmetric > encryption/decryption algorithms used for securing the data are Data > Encryption Standard (DES), Triple Data Encryption Standard (TDES), and > Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). >
Why not use a chip with AES/TDES H/W built in? - AT91SAM7X128/256. Can't be exported outside Europe/NATO without a license though...
> > can anyone help me?i need some materials and links to download the > source code,to accomplish this task.pls help me > > regards > john
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@atmel.com GSM: +46 (706) 22 44 57 Tel: +46 (8) 441 54 22 Fax: +46 (8) 441 54 29 Mail: Box 2033 174 02 Sundbyberg Visit: Kavalleriv&#2013265924;gen 24 174 58 Sundbyberg' Sweden
hi henry

i was assigned to do intrusion detection system,but since i couldnot
find much related information on it,i had to change my work.i work now
with secure messaging terminal based on ARM7.do you have any idea?

hi paul

can you help me regarding my project?i need to implement all those
encryption algorithms for ARM 7.i am newbie to ARM.can you tell me how
to proceed?

johny wrote:
> > i was assigned to do intrusion detection system,but since i couldnot > find much related information on it,i had to change my work.i work now > with secure messaging terminal based on ARM7.do you have any idea?
Do you googlers ever read the newsgroup you are posting to? Are you totally blind to the continuous stream of instructions on how to use google sanely? Or do you just blindly type anything that comes into your pretty little heads and submit it to any newsgroup at random, while ignoring proper punctuation and capitalization? This bodes poorly for your ability to observe and learn. You are cutting off the very people who are willing to help you by this continuous annoyance and refusal to adhere to Usenet conventions. Many have already plonked all google postings, meaning that they will never read anything so posted. -- "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson More details at: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> Also see <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>
"johny" <john4wince@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1139972144.679914.179130@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> hi paul > > can you help me regarding my project?i need to implement all those > encryption algorithms for ARM 7.i am newbie to ARM.can you tell me how > to proceed?
There is an abundance of cryptographic libraries written in C. If size and speed are not constraints, they should be usable as is. I used RSAref a lot, very portable and understandable. You have to get AES somewhere else, but its C source is everywhere. Good luck, Wim
>
On 2006-02-15, CBFalconer <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> johny wrote: >> >> i was assigned to do intrusion detection system,but since i >> couldnot find much related information on it,i had to change >> my work.i work now with secure messaging terminal based on >> ARM7.do you have any idea? > > Do you googlers ever read the newsgroup you are posting to?
No.
> Are you totally blind to the continuous stream of instructions > on how to use google sanely?
Yes.
> Or do you just blindly type anything that comes into your > pretty little heads and submit it to any newsgroup at random, > while ignoring proper punctuation and capitalization?
Yes.
> This bodes poorly for your ability to observe and learn. You > are cutting off the very people who are willing to help you by > this continuous annoyance and refusal to adhere to Usenet > conventions. Many have already plonked all google postings, > meaning that they will never read anything so posted.
True. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! We have DIFFERENT at amounts of HAIR -- visi.com