uIP embedded TCP/IP stack 1.0 released

Started by Adam Dunkels June 12, 2006
Hi all,

Version 1.0 of the uIP embedded TCP/IP stack is out. This release adds a
number of features such as a new socket-like API, rudimentary IPv6
support, and a DHCP client, as well as fixes a few corner-case TCP bugs
that have been found by many years of real-world testing.

There is also a new uip-users mailing list that welcomes all uIP users,
both newcomers and highly experienced ones.

                 http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip/

Best regards,

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <adam@sics.se>
http://www.sics.se/~adam/
"Adam Dunkels" <adam@sics.se> wrote in message
> Hi all, > > Version 1.0 of the uIP embedded TCP/IP stack is out. This release adds a > number of features such as a new socket-like API, rudimentary IPv6 > support, and a DHCP client, as well as fixes a few corner-case TCP bugs > that have been found by many years of real-world testing. > > There is also a new uip-users mailing list that welcomes all uIP users, > both newcomers and highly experienced ones. > > http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip/ > > Best regards, > > /adam > -- > Adam Dunkels <adam@sics.se> > http://www.sics.se/~adam/
Thanks, Adam, I'll look at it soon. Hopefully, such things as IPV6 support are easily excisable, to keep th u in uIP. Cheers, Alf
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:53:27 +1000, Alf Katz wrote:
> Thanks, Adam, I'll look at it soon. Hopefully, such things as IPV6 support > are easily excisable, to keep th u in uIP.
The IPv6 code is only compiled if UIP_CONF_IPV6 is #defined so it does not increase the size, unless explicitly required. Regards, /adam -- Adam Dunkels, Swedish Institute of Computer Science http://www.sics.se/~adam/

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference