Smallest 8-bit controller?

Started by Leon Heller January 23, 2005
Philips has just announced tiny LPC900 parts in a 3mm x 3mm 10-pin package:

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/news/content/file_1122.html

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

does someone pay you for that ? sucker Pozdrawiam. -- RusH // http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019 Like ninjas, true hackers are shrouded in secrecy and mystery. You may never know -- UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.
"RusH" <logistyka1@pf.pl> wrote in message
> "Leon Heller" <leon_heller@hotmail.com> wrote : > >> Philips has just announced tiny LPC900 parts in a 3mm x 3mm 10-pin >> package: > > > does someone pay you for that ? sucker
No, sucker, I just thought it might be of interest. Leon
RusH wrote:

> "Leon Heller" <leon_heller@hotmail.com> wrote : > >> Philips has just announced tiny LPC900 parts in a 3mm x 3mm 10-pin >> package: > > > does someone pay you for that ? sucker > > Pozdrawiam.
You should have read Leon's home page. He is giving you all the information there. Such accusation should be avoided in the news group (and not only there). Heinz -- Heinz-J&#4294967295;rgen Oertel port GmbH http://www.port.de
Leon Heller wrote:
> Philips has just announced tiny LPC900 parts in a 3mm x 3mm 10-pin package: > > http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/news/content/file_1122.html
Microchip's 10F family is very small also but compared to the LPC900 it is a toy. It is always of interest to this group when a new device is released, especially when these devices address the needs of those in this group. I don't have the luxury of checking all the manufacturers websites to see who has released what, what it is, how much, and where and when can you get it. So I appreciate the "gossip" as it is much faster and easier then surfing and if the poster includes a link, well, it's just so much easier. While we are sorta on the subject, I don't know why some posters carry on like self-appointed NG police when a product announcement is posted discretely. What is the problem with that??? Even if it is from the manufacturer or distributor themselves, I for one want to know. Aren't many of you on some sort of mailing list from manufacturers??? This is a public forum for computers.architecture.embedded, isn't it? Admittedly, none of us would want this NG flooded with announcements, but it's not like it's untraceable suck-u-in crap spam either. We users as a "usegroup" get to decide what the netiquette for this community is and that it should always be something that is both beneficial and practical. If, at some point the commercial interests would like to post freely without thought for flood or content, well let them create their own newsgroup such as comp.arch.embedded.announce perhaps? Why not? I'd subscribe. Now that I have (hopefully) been helpful will some sucker please pay me. *Peter*

RusH wrote:

> "Leon Heller" <leon_heller@hotmail.com> wrote : > > >>No, sucker, I just thought it might be of interest. > > > Message-ID: <1106007030.811374.34310@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> > > yes, repetitive word of mouth advertising is very interesting > > Pozdrawiam.
So everybody who posts through google is a sucker, me included on occasion (when in the office because of firewall setup) just because of their posting medium. Sounds somewhat nazi to me.
Elder Costa <elder.costa@terra.com.br> wrote :

> RusH wrote:
> So everybody who posts through google is a sucker, me included on > occasion (when in the office because of firewall setup) just > because of their posting medium. Sounds somewhat nazi to me.
you didnt follow the link did you ? I got plenty of advertising in my mailbox and dont want any press releases on the group. This is not comp.arch.embedded.advertising . I assume that almost everybody got the info from theyr sales rep of catalogue or other source. There is no need for this advertising crap here as well. Pozdrawiam. -- RusH // http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019 Like ninjas, true hackers are shrouded in secrecy and mystery. You may never know -- UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.
"RusH" <logistyka1@pf.pl> wrote in message
> you didnt follow the link did you ? I got plenty of advertising in my > mailbox and dont want any press releases on the group. This is not > comp.arch.embedded.advertising . I assume that almost everybody got the > info from theyr sales rep of catalogue or other source. There is no > need for this advertising crap here as well.
On the contrary, we come here to get industry news. It wasn't (as far as we know) a paid advertisement, even though you alleged that it was. If you really didn't want to talk about it, you need not have replied.
RusH wrote:

>you didnt follow the link did you ? I got plenty of advertising in my >mailbox and dont want any press releases on the group. This is not >comp.arch.embedded.advertising . I assume that almost everybody got the >info from theyr sales rep of catalogue or other source. There is no >need for this advertising crap here as well.
Comment #1: There IS a need for appropriate advertising on new ICs that are used in embedded systems. I, for one, want to know about them. Comment #2: If we assume for the sake of argument that the post in question was undesirable, your "solution" to this situation is ineffective and stupid. Here is the Standard Advice; read and learn. THE STANDARD ADVICE: There is a way to influence what gets discussed in a newsgroup that works well, and another way that has never worked no matter how many people have tried it. What works: Post articles on the topic you wish to see discussed, and participate in the resulting discussion. Use killfiles and filters so that you don't see the articles that you dislike. If you don't know how to use a killfile, use good old fashioned discipline and don't read the articles that you dislike. Never, ever respond to articles that you dislike. What doesn't work: Respond to articles that you dislike, complain about articles that you dislike, complain about posters that you dislike, complain about how terrible everyone else is for not posting what you want them to post. Talk about how to respond to articles that you dislike. Make the articles that you dislike the center of attention, the main topic of discussion, and a personal crusade.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference