connect ATMega128 to internet

Started by rf_xport July 31, 2006
I want to connect a ATMega128 to internet. I am looking for a low cost and
easy solution.
Is it possible to help me.

As I  am on time constraint, I will be so thankful if anybody reply me as
soon as possible.

-thanks.

"rf_xport" <mona.fathollahi@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to connect a ATMega128 to internet. I am looking for a low cost >and > easy solution. > Is it possible to help me. > > As I am on time constraint, I will be so thankful if anybody reply me > as > soon as possible.
1) Low cost 2) Easy solution 3) Short Time Constraint You can have two of those things but all three is not going to happen. There are low cost TCP/IP stacks out there or modules you can buy that completely take care of the net side. Neither of these fulfill all three requirements.
Take a look at www.tibbo.com. We've been using their EM100 for years now and I can highly recommend them. Viktor
http://www.ethernut.de || (FreeRTOS.org + uIP) Regards, Richard. http://www.FreeRTOS.org for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *
rf_xport wrote:
> I want to connect a ATMega128 to internet. I am looking for a low cost and > easy solution. > Is it possible to help me. > > As I am on time constraint, I will be so thankful if anybody reply me as > soon as possible.
I would recommend that you upgrade to an ARM MCU. We were looking at a new design based on an existing Atmega128 product. I found that we could use an ARM MCU and get a cheaper, faster and lower power solution. The only down side was the need to rehost the code, but as it turned out the software team rewrote nearly all of it anyway. Take a look at the AT91SAM7X processor. It has built in Ethernet and should do everything your ATmega128 does, but better.
The biggest drawback is that there isn't a nice IDE such as AVR Studio available for ARM, at least not for free. Any recommendations? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
Widget wrote:
> "rickman" <spamgoeshere4@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1154527390.816008.26920@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > > rf_xport wrote: > > > I want to connect a ATMega128 to internet. I am looking for a low cost > and > > > easy solution. > > > Is it possible to help me. > > > > > > As I am on time constraint, I will be so thankful if anybody reply me > as > > > soon as possible. > > > > I would recommend that you upgrade to an ARM MCU. We were looking at a > > new design based on an existing Atmega128 product. I found that we > > could use an ARM MCU and get a cheaper, faster and lower power > > solution. The only down side was the need to rehost the code, but as > > it turned out the software team rewrote nearly all of it anyway. > > > > Take a look at the AT91SAM7X processor. It has built in Ethernet and > > should do everything your ATmega128 does, but better. > > > > The biggest drawback is that there isn't a nice IDE such as AVR Studio > available for ARM, at least not for free. Any recommendations?
There are GNU based tools available for the ARM and are very popular. Some tool vendors even sell them rather than offer their own product. Check out www.gnuarm.com. If nothing else, you can use the eval versions of the tools from commercial vendors for smaller project. IAR has an 8 or 16 kByte limit on the code but is otherwise fully functional.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference