8051 C Compiler

Started by seba August 23, 2006
Which is the best C compiler for 8051 (Analog Devices Aduc831/841 in
particular)?
Does anyone have experience with Accutron tools?

Thanks in advance.

What are you talking about? Best price. Best code density. Best speed optimisation. Best support. Best debug tools. Most aesthetically appealing packaging. etc. etc. Regards, Richard. http://www.FreeRTOS.org for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:49:04 +0200, the renowned "seba" <seba@nospam>
wrote:

>Which is the best C compiler for 8051 (Analog Devices Aduc831/841 in >particular)?
Keil. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
Excuse me.

I'm looking for a compiler that generates best code in terms of speed
optimisation.
This compiler must have debugging tools too, for Analog Device ADUC
microcontrollers.

Thanks in advance
seba

How can someone reply to a properly bottom posted article with top-posting? It seems to me that this takes amazing gall and rudeness. -- Chuck F (cbfalconer@yahoo.com) (cbfalconer@maineline.net) Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems. <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> USE maineline address!
seba wrote:
> Excuse me. > > I'm looking for a compiler that generates best code in terms of speed > optimisation. > This compiler must have debugging tools too, for Analog Device ADUC > microcontrollers. > > Thanks in advance > seba
C and 8051 are a very poor marriage especially it terms of speed. Unless you have some overwheming reason to use both together find another option.
"Spehro Pefhany" <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:49:04 +0200, the renowned "seba" <seba@nospam> > wrote: > >>Which is the best C compiler for 8051 (Analog Devices Aduc831/841 in >>particular)? > > Keil. > > > Best regards, > Spehro Pefhany > -- > "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" > speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: > http://www.trexon.com > Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: > http://www.speff.com
I agree with Spehro. Keil is the primary compiler for the ADuC chips from Analog Devices. We have used it with many of the chips in the series. The uVision IDE is very good. The simulator is the best I have ever used. It completely models the chip allowing full access to I/O including analog. You can specify voltages for the ADC inputs, states for the digital I/O and examine any variable, including making watch lists of the variables of interest to you. The Accutron Aspire tools work (mostly), but seemed to need a lot of fussing with them and the configuration to get them to work at all. That may have improved since we started using them. Once you get Aspire running you can configure uVision to use it directly with the exact same IDE as the simulator. -- Scott Validated Software Corp.
<cbarn24050@aol.com> wrote:
> > C and 8051 are a very poor marriage especially it terms of speed. > Unless you have some overwheming reason to use both together find > another option. >
I'm just looking for a list of C compilers compatible with Aduc8xx microcontrollers; I think I will use Keil compiler but, before starting development, I liked to know if there are good substitutes, other than Keil... seba
In article <44ec460c$0$35084$4fafbaef@reader4.news.tin.it>, seba
<seba@nospam.?> writes
www.Keil.com www.IAR.com
In article <1156341608.622260.157870@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
cbarn24050@aol.com writes
> >seba wrote: >> Excuse me. >> >> I'm looking for a compiler that generates best code in terms of speed >> optimisation. >> This compiler must have debugging tools too, for Analog Device ADUC >> microcontrollers. >> >> Thanks in advance >> seba > >C and 8051 are a very poor marriage especially it terms of speed. >Unless you have some overwheming reason to use both together find >another option.
Actually it works quite well. Lots of people manage it. -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ /\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org www.phaedsys.org \/\/\ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference