Forums

Watchdog that should be taken out and shot

Started by Tom Lucas September 13, 2006
"Tom Lucas" <news@REMOVE_auto_THIS_flame_TO_REPLY.clara.co.uk> wrote in
message news:1158575135.2162.0@demeter.uk.clara.net...
> "Peter Dickerson" <first{dot}surname@tesco.net> wrote in message > news:v7uPg.28728$SH2.19588@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...
[snip]
> > Wrong information is worse than no information at all. At least in the > > latter case you know that you don't know. > > If we wanted it to be easy we wouldn't have become engineers :-D
Actually I became an engineer because it was easier than understanding humans. It was also easier and better paid than what I was educated for - cosmology. Peter
> "Tom Lucas" <news@REMOVE_auto_THIS_flame_TO_REPLY.clara.co.uk> wrote > in > message news:1158575135.2162.0@demeter.uk.clara.net... >> "Peter Dickerson" <first{dot}surname@tesco.net> wrote in message >> news:v7uPg.28728$SH2.19588@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > [snip] >> > Wrong information is worse than no information at all. At least in >> > the >> > latter case you know that you don't know. >> >> If we wanted it to be easy we wouldn't have become engineers :-D > > Actually I became an engineer because it was easier than understanding > humans. It was also easier and better paid than what I was educated > for - > cosmology.
Well I think it is safe to assume that no-one got into it for the chicks ;-)