powering a LED through the human skin

Started by Lyn October 13, 2006
Tom Lucas wrote:

> Another thought is dumb kids who will wear anything that is fashionable. > Considering how white iPod earphones have become a fashion accessory > then musical "war paint" is probably exactly what the Fifty Pence and > Duff Paddy generation are likely to embrace. Market it as a cosmetic
Oh, you've only scratched the surface of the application. The next step is to paint a piezoelectric tweeter onto the side of your head.
larwe wrote:
> Lyn wrote: > > > Re " try integrating a wiring system into clothing?" > > Because its too easy and already been done. Also not all the body is > > clothed, e.g. arms, face, neck etc. > > How about a tattoo in conductive ink? > > I wonder if you could tattoo someone with ITO (indium tin oxide; used > as the electrode material in LCDs). That way you could run _invisible_ > wires through the skin. > > Of course if you're willing to put up with this much pain, perhaps just > running a thin wire through the dermis might be the right plan.
You may as well go whole hog then, and imbed LEDs under the skin, connected by the subcutaneous wires you already have in place. Can you imagine what some people might pay for a tattoo that lights up? Or flashes? -- John
"larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Tom Lucas wrote: > >> Another thought is dumb kids who will wear anything that is >> fashionable. >> Considering how white iPod earphones have become a fashion accessory >> then musical "war paint" is probably exactly what the Fifty Pence and >> Duff Paddy generation are likely to embrace. Market it as a cosmetic > > Oh, you've only scratched the surface of the application. The next > step > is to paint a piezoelectric tweeter onto the side of your head.
Better still, do it to a friend while they are asleep and be "the voices in their head" ;-)
The piezo speakers works well on just ordinary skin , it's audible and
only takes a tiny amount of current.
Well I DO like the idea of a light up tatoo, perhaps someone can design
an inductive loop under the skin to power it up? We could be colour
coded according to our preferences...

 I got into a bit of bother when I first invented device :
http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/news/0,12597,1254911,00.html

So I'm filing no patents on it, just putting the idea into  the public
domain for the possible benefit of art, research and fun! I prefer to
share ideas rather than make money from them.

Lyn

John O'Flaherty wrote:
> larwe wrote: > > Lyn wrote: > > > > > Re " try integrating a wiring system into clothing?" > > > Because its too easy and already been done. Also not all the body is > > > clothed, e.g. arms, face, neck etc. > > > > How about a tattoo in conductive ink? > > > > I wonder if you could tattoo someone with ITO (indium tin oxide; used > > as the electrode material in LCDs). That way you could run _invisible_ > > wires through the skin. > > > > Of course if you're willing to put up with this much pain, perhaps just > > running a thin wire through the dermis might be the right plan. > > You may as well go whole hog then, and imbed LEDs under the skin, > connected by the subcutaneous wires you already have in place. Can you > imagine what some people might pay for a tattoo that lights up? Or > flashes? > -- > John
I now understand the purpose of "Organic Leds"...

Just a matter of time before all mankind will be fitted with
standardized audio / video inputs.

The rear base of the scull seems a good place...

(A blue pill anyone?)

--
 - Ren&#4294967295;
"Ren&#4294967295;" <rjz~REMOVE~@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> > I now understand the purpose of "Organic Leds"... > > > Just a matter of time before all mankind will be fitted with > standardized audio / video inputs. > > The rear base of the scull seems a good place... >
I'm waiting for the TV screen on the backside of my eyelids. Mike
John O'Flaherty wrote:

> You may as well go whole hog then, and imbed LEDs under the skin, > connected by the subcutaneous wires you already have in place. Can you > imagine what some people might pay for a tattoo that lights up? Or
I'm thinking there must be a way to do this with bioluminescent dyes.
amdx wrote:
> > "Ren&#4294967295;" <rjz~REMOVE~@xs4all.nl> wrote in message > news:q83vi29jgdj9s2h9ghb7da0nk3k9s0k3on@4ax.com... > > > > I now understand the purpose of "Organic Leds"... > > > > > > Just a matter of time before all mankind will be fitted with > > standardized audio / video inputs. > > > > The rear base of the scull seems a good place... > > > I'm waiting for the TV screen on the backside of my eyelids. > Mike
Don't bother, there isn't any TV worth watching anymore. :( -- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85. Michael A. Terrell Central Florida
"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> amdx wrote: >> >> "Ren&#4294967295;" <rjz~REMOVE~@xs4all.nl> wrote in message >> news:q83vi29jgdj9s2h9ghb7da0nk3k9s0k3on@4ax.com... >> > >> > I now understand the purpose of "Organic Leds"... >> > >> > >> > Just a matter of time before all mankind will be fitted with >> > standardized audio / video inputs. >> > >> > The rear base of the scull seems a good place... >> > >> I'm waiting for the TV screen on the backside of my eyelids. >> Mike > > > Don't bother, there isn't any TV worth watching anymore. :( > > > -- > Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to > prove it. > Member of DAV #85. > > Michael A. Terrell > Central Florida
There's always your "favorite" DVDS but then - well we won't go where they'd have to mount those......
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:01:01 +0200, Ren&#4294967295; wrote:
> I now understand the purpose of "Organic Leds"... > > Just a matter of time before all mankind will be fitted with standardized > audio / video inputs. > > The rear base of the scull seems a good place... > > (A blue pill anyone?)
Yeah - then we can store them in racks, and they can all live in virtual reality, like at the end of "Brazil".... Nobody will ever have to go anywhere! Or care! =:-O Thanks! RIch