Forums

Program for PCB/Circuit Design

Started by BoysBoysBoys October 22, 2006
What program do PCB makers use to layout all of the circuits before
printing?

BoysBoysBoys wrote:
> What program do PCB makers use to layout all of the circuits before > printing?
Probably none. Just feed them to laser photoplotters.
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/ECADList.html

PCB makers don't usually lay out the circuits -- their customers usually do. There are a variety of PCB layout packages out there, if you look. -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/ "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" came out in April. See details at http://www.wescottdesign.com/actfes/actfes.html

Have you /never/ heard of searching the web? "pcb layout development" gave me 1.850.000 hits in google. Altavista a /least/ 50 pages. -- Coos CHForth, 16 bit DOS applications http://home.hccnet.nl/j.j.haak/forth.html
On 22 Oct 2006 13:45:32 -0700, "BoysBoysBoys" <ntroast@gmail.com>
wrote:

>What program do PCB makers use to layout all of the circuits before >printing?
Pulsonix.
wrote:

>What program do PCB makers use to layout all of the circuits before >printing?
CircuitCam.
BoysBoysBoys wrote:
> What program do PCB makers use to layout all of the circuits before > printing? >
"Pads"
What is the most widely used, or the standard?

"BoysBoysBoys" <ntroast@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the most widely used, or the standard?
round pads