C- Programming for ARM Microcontrollers

Started by tech...@gmail.com October 23, 2006
hi

Can someone point me to some C- Programming Tutorials for ARM7
Microcontrollers???

regards

Krish

My first book meets this description :) <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750676094/zws-20>
"larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > techie.embedded@gmail.com wrote: > >> Can someone point me to some C- Programming Tutorials for ARM7 >> Microcontrollers??? > > My first book meets this description :) > > <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750676094/zws-20>
BTW, chalk up another sale. I ordered "So you wanna" from Amazon on Friday. Only GBP16.49 at the moment as well so I'm glad I didn't buy the one at ESS that they wanted 21 for.
Hi

thanks for that.. but any online tutorials that u remember to have
seen????

thanks

Krish

larwe wrote:
> techie.embedded@gmail.com wrote: > > > Can someone point me to some C- Programming Tutorials for ARM7 > > Microcontrollers??? > > My first book meets this description :) > > <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750676094/zws-20>
> Hi > > thanks for that.. but any online tutorials that u remember to have > seen????
What is it you want to know? More about C programming, or more about ARM processors? Once you know the byte alignment, data sizes, interrupt structure, etc of the ARM then C is just C. The alignment, data sizes, etc are not that relevant to C and more ARM specific. Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org + http://www.SafeRTOS.com for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051, PIC24 & dsPIC
Tom Lucas wrote:

> BTW, chalk up another sale. I ordered "So you wanna" from Amazon on > Friday. Only GBP16.49 at the moment as well so I'm glad I didn't buy the > one at ESS that they wanted 21 for.
Yay, my bank manager thanks you :) Please let me know what you think. I'm having real trouble getting my next book project off the ground, mainly because people keep thrusting excruciatingly interesting projects my way. I remember sleeping, once; it was good.
> > Tom Lucas wrote: > >> BTW, chalk up another sale. I ordered "So you wanna" from Amazon on >> Friday. Only GBP16.49 at the moment as well so I'm glad I didn't buy >> the >> one at ESS that they wanted 21 for. > > Yay, my bank manager thanks you :) Please let me know what you think.
I will do.
> I'm having real trouble getting my next book project off the ground, > mainly because people keep thrusting excruciatingly interesting > projects my way. I remember sleeping, once; it was good.
It's getting that way for me too - I'm not sure when I'll find time to read the book! I used to have a slot on my train journey but my GP2X and Scrubs series 4 have that covered for a couple of weeks.
Tom Lucas wrote:
> "larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message >> techie.embedded@gmail.com wrote: >> >>> Can someone point me to some C- Programming Tutorials for ARM7 >>> Microcontrollers??? >> >> My first book meets this description :) >> >> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750676094/zws-20> > > BTW, chalk up another sale. I ordered "So you wanna" from Amazon > on Friday. Only GBP16.49 at the moment as well so I'm glad I > didn't buy the one at ESS that they wanted 21 for.
That is about 30 USD or less, and quite attractive. So I checked the link Amazon, and they want about 60 USD for it. What goes on? -- Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems. <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
"CBFalconer" <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Tom Lucas wrote: >> "larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message >>> techie.embedded@gmail.com wrote: >>> >>>> Can someone point me to some C- Programming Tutorials for ARM7 >>>> Microcontrollers??? >>> >>> My first book meets this description :) >>> >>> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750676094/zws-20> >> >> BTW, chalk up another sale. I ordered "So you wanna" from Amazon >> on Friday. Only GBP16.49 at the moment as well so I'm glad I >> didn't buy the one at ESS that they wanted 21 for. > > That is about 30 USD or less, and quite attractive. So I checked > the link Amazon, and they want about 60 USD for it. What goes on?
I guess more guys in the US wanna be hardware engineers so there's no need to discount it. Also, people in the UK normally avoid American books unless there is no alternative so Amazon may have felt it needed to pull the price down due to the competition in this field from homegrown books.
"Tom Lucas" <news@REMOVE_auto_THIS_flame_TO_REPLY.clara.co.uk> wrote in
message news:1161702618.83532.0@iris.uk.clara.net...

> I guess more guys in the US wanna be hardware engineers so there's no
I misspelt "embedded". oops