Starting Bootloader at AT91RM9200-EK

Started by lehotzki October 27, 2006
Hi

Im new to ARM9 processors and have the following problem: i want to run
any executable code (that i can change) on my plattform.
So i found the Denx u-boot and can compile it. Then i tried to download it
as stated on the atmel page by setting the jumper to INT then load the
DataflashBoot.bin then load the u-boot to the dataflash. So far OK, can
see the u-boot image at position c0008000. When i then press '3' it says
like the u-boot hangs (i expect at least to see u-boot starting up and
display a prompt).
I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 and have set TEXT_BASE to 0x21F00000. Also defined
the 2 defines as stated in the atmel introduction.
Anyone knows what's going wrong??

I'm using GNU-toolchain and Eclipse.
Another question is about that DataflashBoot which is actually working
fine. The source code is there as well but i found no makefile, so i'm not
able to compile it. Anyone any idea where i can get it??

thanks & kind regards
Renate

I put my stuff at ftp://at91dist:distrib@81.80.104.162/ Eventually, I should have a Buildroot which will: 1) Build a cross compiler toolchain 2) Build Dataflashboot.bin 3) Build U-Boot 1.1.4 4) Build Linux 2.6.16 (or later) 5) Build JFFS2/EXT2 Filesystem There is a buildroot there but it has a few problems, Have not had the time to upload the latest version... -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Check ftp://at91dist:distrib@81.80.104.162/ in the Third Party-> Linux section. Patched U-boot. do make at91rm9200df_config make to build u-boot You need a gcc-softfloat environment. Use dataflashboot-1.05.bin The sx-at91 can be used to download dataflashboot and u-boot to the target using minicom under Linux. See source code for how to configure. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB