Need a SD (memory card) controller chip.

Started by Boki December 6, 2006
Hi All,

I need a SD memory card controller chip, I also need to porting some
MCU code, and need UART interface, low speed as 9.6K is enough.

Best regards,
Boki.

Boki wrote:
> I need a SD memory card controller chip, I also need to porting some > MCU code, and need UART interface, low speed as 9.6K is enough.
Do you mean something like this? http://chipdos.com/ Marc
Boki =BCg=B9D=A1G

> Hi All, > > I need a SD memory card controller chip, I also need to porting some > MCU code, and need UART interface, low speed as 9.6K is enough. > > Best regards, > Boki.
Dear All, Due to the cost, I hope it only support SD ( no need to suppor others, ex: CF, MMC,...). Best reagrds, Boki.

Or this : http://www.ghielectronics.com/details.php?id=1 (Page shows USB, but also supports SD cards)
Mike Harrison wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 04:49:40 GMT, Marc Ramsey <marc@ranlog.comREMOVE> wrote: > > >>Boki wrote: >> >>>I need a SD memory card controller chip, I also need to porting some >>>MCU code, and need UART interface, low speed as 9.6K is enough. >> >>Do you mean something like this? >> >>http://chipdos.com/ >> >>Marc > > > Or this : > http://www.ghielectronics.com/details.php?id=1 > (Page shows USB, but also supports SD cards)
Have a look at their support forum first, whether it really works as announced, as later support is slow to non-existent. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
SD cards must support the SPI interface. So any microcontroller with a built
in SPI interface can control an SD card.

You can download the MMC card spec from SanDisk to get the details.

Nevo wrote:

> SD cards must support the SPI interface. So any microcontroller with a built > in SPI interface can control an SD card. > > You can download the MMC card spec from SanDisk to get the details. >
The MMC spec is not the same as the SD spec, unfortunately. One can get a copy of the minimal SD spec for free but not the whole spec without joining the club. The entire spec is necessary to fully implement SD. I am using a device from Winbond that supports SD and SDIO, but I had to sign NDAs to get the source. I have no doubt you will run into the same issue. Cheers PeteS
Have a look at http://members.aon.at/voegel and related: http://www.mcselec.com/index2.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=59&page=viewforum&f=9 -- Regards, Adrian Jansen adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net Design Engineer J & K Micro Systems Microcomputer solutions for industrial control Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
"PeteS" <PeterSmith1954@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Nevo wrote:
> The MMC spec is not the same as the SD spec, unfortunately. One can get > a copy of the minimal SD spec for free but not the whole spec without > joining the club. The entire spec is necessary to fully implement SD. > > I am using a device from Winbond that supports SD and SDIO, but I had > to sign NDAs to get the source. I have no doubt you will run into the > same issue.
I heard that: 1. SD is a superset of MMC, thus MMC code can use SD cards 2. The 4-bit SD interface isn't a big deal 3. Only the 'secure' aspects are closely guarded 4. The security has been cracked, so it isn't secure 5. Almost nobody uses the security features So I presume one can get code to use SD cards without the complete specification.
PeteS =BCg=B9D=A1G

> Nevo wrote: > > > SD cards must support the SPI interface. So any microcontroller with a =
built
> > in SPI interface can control an SD card. > > > > You can download the MMC card spec from SanDisk to get the details. > > > > The MMC spec is not the same as the SD spec, unfortunately. One can get > a copy of the minimal SD spec for free but not the whole spec without > joining the club. The entire spec is necessary to fully implement SD. > > I am using a device from Winbond that supports SD and SDIO, but I had > to sign NDAs to get the source. I have no doubt you will run into the > same issue. > > Cheers > > PeteS >=20
Thanks a lot, I think NDA is not an issue. :) Best regards, Boki.

Memfault Beyond the Launch