Magenta Icebreaker kit?

Started by Unknown February 6, 2007
Hi newbie here, I am doing GCSE technology and have been given and
icebreaker kit to constuct which I have done but am having problems
programming the chip, i have installed both mplab and the icebreaker
software but to be honest i just don't know what to do next, there are
very little instructions with it.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

<natzdance@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi newbie here, I am doing GCSE technology and have been given and > icebreaker kit to constuct which I have done but am having problems > programming the chip, i have installed both mplab and the icebreaker > software but to be honest i just don't know what to do next, there are > very little instructions with it. > > can anyone point me in the right direction? > > thanks
Have you been to microchip and magenta's web-site and had a look on there? There's not much to the kit so you probably need to understand mplab the best. However, if it is not working as it should and you built the kit then go back and have a good look and make sure you built it right. Are all the solder joints good? Are all the polarised capacitors in the right way round? Are all the ICs the right way round?

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference