Building a UV PCB exposure box?

Started by Unknown April 6, 2007
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:30:59 +0100, "Aly"
<,shfskfjsf@sliuflky4iuhdf.erl> wrote:

>"rickman" <gnuarm@gmail.com> wrote in message >news:1175979153.190803.303150@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >> On Apr 6, 6:05 am, "Aly" <,shfskf...@sliuflky4iuhdf.erl> wrote: >> > Hello, >> > >> > Ideas please? >> >> I guess this idea is also not in the spirit of DIY, but getting PCBs >> made has gotten pretty inexpensive lately. I saw an ad the other day >> for a double sided board with plated through holes for $26 even at qty >> 1 for a first time customer. Olimex in Europe has some very low rates >> for small quantities, but I have not looked into them in detail. >> >> Is this a cost thing or just a fun thing to make your own PCB lab? >> > >UK prices are hideously expensive, like &#4294967295;200+ ($400) for 5 eurocards with a >2-week turnaround. Trouble with Olimex is that I'm not giving my credit >card number to anyone in Bulgaria nor using Western Union. > >The problem with the UK is that it's just such total rip off. I was charged >&#4294967295;13 ($26) the other day for buying something in the States costing &#4294967295;22. >This country is just a dump. > >Looking at UV tubes right now.. &#4294967295;10 for single 12" UV tube. &#4294967295;10!! That's >the cheapest round here where I can just walk in and buy. If I go to >B&Q/Homebase they're about &#4294967295;20 and in fancy packaging with party goers all >over them. > >I dumped a load of laptop LCD screens at the rubbish tip the other day and >had some jobsworth telling me I'd put them in the wrong bin, "they're LCD >screens," I said pointing at the big plasma displays in there. He wanted me >to put them in the metal bin as they were computers. Erm, no, they're all >plastic you argumentative turd. "Do you want me to dump them in a lay by >perhaps?" That's what all the sane people are doing. Go for a walk in the >countryside, trip over a saucepan! > >I HATE this bloody country. :-( Where I can't send my kids out to play >football without some council official bringing them home saying they don't >have insurance. Wot!! Insurance. > >*rants* > >:-) That was meant to be slightly humourous of course. But really, the UK >has just gone mad. You can't do anything if it isn't approved, stamped and >monitored. >
Yet the UK and Ireland are doing very well economically, much better than mainland Europe. I took my kid to a baseball practice and asked the coach if she could try out for the team. He told her "go to left field" and that was it. John
"John Larkin" <jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>
> > Yet the UK and Ireland are doing very well economically, much better > than mainland Europe. > > I took my kid to a baseball practice and asked the coach if she could > try out for the team. He told her "go to left field" and that was it. > > John > >
Most of the money coming here doesn't really exist, it's all offset by the amazing amounts of debt people are in. House prices may be &#4294967295;250k for a modern terrace, yet most of the possessions owned, cars sofas kitchens this that, are all bought on credit. Thus making it look like there's more disposable income, when in reality there isn't. Also we have alot of foreign money coming into the country, again further stimulating the current debt culture in an effort to afford everyday living. We're a bit like that bus at the end of The Italian Job with all of the gold balancing in it. Pleased to hear your DD did ok. Quite inspiring that. :-) Alison
"Leon" <leon355@btinternet.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>
> >I use an HP 5940 printer with JetStar premium film, results are >excellent.
>Leon
Hi Leon, Noted :-) I'm going through this right now planning for what happens next. JetStar film from Rapid is the likely candidate. Thanks again, spotted your post here in a Google search. Alison
On Apr 6, 11:05=EF=BF=BDam, "Aly" <,shfskf...@sliuflky4iuhdf.erl> wrote:
> Hello, > > Ideas please? > > A small professional UV box with two 8W tubes will cost about =A3100, and=
is,
> professionally made and neat and tidy. =A0I'm wondering if for sake of ea=
se it
> would be easier to just go out and buy one? > > I've seen the UV "fly killer," tubes on eBay for say =A310, which are > mentioned in a few of the tutorials online. =A0Ballasts I have at home > somewhere. =A0Would need a neat little case, cut glass, switches, bits bo=
bs,
> and time. >
A photo frame and a sunny day works for me. Just dont get caught taking her picture out of it.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference