How do I programmatically send signals to USB?

Started by Unknown April 30, 2007
Hello

How do I control voltages to pins of the USB programmatically?
For example, I'd like to say send a signal to individual USB pins (if
that's applicable in USB) how do I do that ?

Also what's the appropriate newsgroup for this question?  Thanks .

unisonharmonics@gmail.com wrote:
> How do I control voltages to pins of the USB programmatically?
You don't.

Here's a nice USB to serial device, ~ $30 from Mouser Electronics: http://www.vinculum.com/prd_vdrive1.html Called a VDrive by Vinculum or FDTI. I have a couple. They interface to ucontrollers nicely. Could also be used on a serial port of a PC (but why if your PC has a USB port?) But they work VERY nicely with uControllers.
On Apr 30, 3:08 pm, unisonharmon...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello > > How do I control voltages to pins of the USB programmatically? > For example, I'd like to say send a signal to individual USB pins (if > that's applicable in USB) how do I do that ? > > Also what's the appropriate newsgroup for this question? Thanks .
Individual pins of what USB? A PC USB port? An embedded system? What microcontroller?
<unisonharmonics@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello > > How do I control voltages to pins of the USB programmatically? > For example, I'd like to say send a signal to individual USB pins (if > that's applicable in USB) how do I do that ? > > Also what's the appropriate newsgroup for this question? Thanks .
You almost certainly can't using a standard USB port. However, if you are driving a USB connector from a microcontroller or something then you can control the pins however you like. It won't talk USB though.

Memfault Beyond the Launch