Fuse bits in atmega16

Started by terry October 4, 2004
Hi,

Do anyone know whether I can set the fuse bits in atmega16 so that the
application flash rom cannot be read out but can write in?

Thanks!
leonlai2k@yahoo.com (terry) wrote in message news:<9904d48.0410032308.43dd5863@posting.google.com>...
> Hi, > > Do anyone know whether I can set the fuse bits in atmega16 so that the > application flash rom cannot be read out but can write in? > > Thanks!
Anyone could help me?
On 6 Oct 2004 00:54:03 -0700, leonlai2k@yahoo.com (terry) wrote:

>leonlai2k@yahoo.com (terry) wrote in message news:<9904d48.0410032308.43dd5863@posting.google.com>... >> Hi, >> >> Do anyone know whether I can set the fuse bits in atmega16 so that the >> application flash rom cannot be read out but can write in? >> >> Thanks! > > >Anyone could help me?
What would be the point of that? You couldn't verify it, and anyone wanting to steal your code could write in some code to read the rest of the flash and output it oin the serial port or whatever.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference