FreeRTOS port for AT91SAM9260

Started by Ulf Samuelsson May 8, 2007
Anyone aware of such a thing?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

"Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote in message
news:f1p8nb$dk2$1@aioe.org...
> Anyone aware of such a thing? > > -- > Best Regards, > Ulf Samuelsson > This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, > or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Hi Ulf, I've just looked through my archive and cannot see a port. Do the SAM7 and SAM9 share peripherals? If so there should be little effort in converting the existing SAM7 ports to run on the SAM9 - I would guess just the timer and interrupt controller setup. Or is there something more substantial? I think I may have a SAM9 board. If you are interested in an official port then drop me an email (address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page). -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems.
"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@noaddress.com> skrev i meddelandet
> "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote in message > news:f1p8nb$dk2$1@aioe.org... >> Anyone aware of such a thing? >> >> -- >> Best Regards, >> Ulf Samuelsson >> This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, >> or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB > > > Hi Ulf, > > I've just looked through my archive and cannot see a port. Do the SAM7 > and SAM9 share peripherals? If so there should be little effort in > converting the existing SAM7 ports to run on the SAM9 - I would guess just > the timer and interrupt controller setup. Or is there something more > substantial? > > I think I may have a SAM9 board. If you are interested in an official > port then drop me an email (address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page). >
Most of the stuff in the SAM9260 is the same as in the SAM7X/SAM7S so it is probably not so hard. Talked to a customer yesterday which is using SAM7S256/FreeRTOS and need more memory so they were looking at the SAM7SE, but I think that the SAM9260 system solution might be lower cost. I will copy them on this, and then they will have to decide what to do...
> -- > Regards, > Richard. > > + http://www.FreeRTOS.org > A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. > > + http://www.SafeRTOS.com > An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems. >
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
On Tue, 8 May 2007 23:04:51 +0200, "Ulf Samuelsson"
<ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote:

>"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@noaddress.com> skrev i meddelandet >news:Gt_%h.14888$Ro3.6378@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >> "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote in message >> news:f1p8nb$dk2$1@aioe.org... >>> Anyone aware of such a thing? >>> >>> -- >>> Best Regards, >>> Ulf Samuelsson >>> This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, >>> or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB >> >> >> Hi Ulf, >> >> I've just looked through my archive and cannot see a port. Do the SAM7 >> and SAM9 share peripherals? If so there should be little effort in >> converting the existing SAM7 ports to run on the SAM9 - I would guess just >> the timer and interrupt controller setup. Or is there something more >> substantial? >> >> I think I may have a SAM9 board. If you are interested in an official >> port then drop me an email (address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page). >> > >Most of the stuff in the SAM9260 is the same as in the SAM7X/SAM7S >so it is probably not so hard. >Talked to a customer yesterday which is using SAM7S256/FreeRTOS
Sciopta (though not free) supports the SAM9 (even with MMU protection of processes). Anyway, a customer of us switched from SAM7SE to SAM9 w/o problem. -- 42Bastian Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !
How about http://www.tnkernel.com?
Already ported to AT91SAM7S128.
Regards,
Viron.

vviron@gmail.com wrote:
> > How about http://www.tnkernel.com? > Already ported to AT91SAM7S128.
Meaningless, without adequate quotes. See below. -- If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, ensure you quote enough for the article to make sense. Google is only an interface to Usenet; it's not Usenet itself. Don't assume your readers can, or ever will, see any previous articles. More details at: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
"CBFalconer" <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> vviron@gmail.com wrote: >> >> How about http://www.tnkernel.com? >> Already ported to AT91SAM7S128. > > Meaningless, without adequate quotes. See below.
Meaningless with quotes anyway - the OP was asking about ARM9 and FreeRTOS. -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com An IEC 61508 certified real time kernel for safety related systems.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference