Problem: How to erase Dataflash

Started by tomC May 9, 2007
Hi everybody

I have linux 2.6.15 on AT91SAM9261 that has AT45DB321D as dataflash.
I need to write an application that erases the content of dataflash
not at boot-time but while the system is running. Is this possible?
I'd like to have suggestions on how to proceed

Thankyou all

Sure, the datasheet tells you all about. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
"tomC" <amerigo1@freemail.it> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi everybody > > I have linux 2.6.15 on AT91SAM9261 that has AT45DB321D as dataflash. > I need to write an application that erases the content of dataflash > not at boot-time but while the system is running. Is this possible? > I'd like to have suggestions on how to proceed > > Thankyou all >
Probably better to ask the ARM kernel mailing list at www.arm.linux.org.uk Read the linux spi driver code, I do not think it is documented... You might also want to upgrade to 2.6.20/ or 21 since the spi driver has been updated. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Memfault Beyond the Launch