Programming AMD type Nor flash.

Started by JY Kim June 14, 2007
I am working with samsung s3c2410 and ST M29W320T flash.
The flash is AMD type Nor.
I am using trace32 and going to check flash interface.
As far as I heard, to check flash interface one should download file.
not just assigning value like checking SDRAM.
Please let me know site or information on how to do this or trace32
cmm file.
Please answer
Thanks.

Typically there is a JEDEC programming sequence for each NOR flash
manufacturer - so the data sheet on the particular flash IC will show how to
erase and reporgram the flash memory.

Joe

"JY Kim" <jkim747.n0zpam@paran.com> wrote in message
>I am working with samsung s3c2410 and ST M29W320T flash. > The flash is AMD type Nor. > I am using trace32 and going to check flash interface. > As far as I heard, to check flash interface one should download file. > not just assigning value like checking SDRAM. > Please let me know site or information on how to do this or trace32 > cmm file. > Please answer > Thanks. >
While on the subject, does anyone know how the circuitry of the nor type
flash differs with the nand type?

Hul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=architecture+nand+nor+flash&btnG=Google+Search Google and wikipedia are your friends.