Atmel microcontroller with CAN

Started by Unknown June 21, 2007
Hello

What is the difference between AT89C51CC03UA and AT89C51CC03CA
processors with CAN controller on board? Both of them seems to share
datasheet but I suspect that there is some crucial distinction between
them. Any help greatly appreciated.

braton

<braton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello > > What is the difference between AT89C51CC03UA and AT89C51CC03CA > processors with CAN controller on board? Both of them seems to share > datasheet but I suspect that there is some crucial distinction between > them. Any help greatly appreciated. > > braton
Look at the ordering information page in the datasheet. There is a table with columns: Boot loader, temperature range, quality grade, package and packing for the various part number variations. -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com An IEC 61508 certified real time kernel for safety related systems.
> <bra...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:1182407016.487160.137730@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > > > Hello > > > What is the difference between AT89C51CC03UA and AT89C51CC03CA > > processors with CAN controller on board? Both of them seems to share > > datasheet but I suspect that there is some crucial distinction between > > them. Any help greatly appreciated. > > > braton > > Look at the ordering information page in the datasheet. There is a table > with columns: Boot loader, temperature range, quality grade, package and > packing for the various part number variations. > > -- > Regards, > Richard.
Thanks for your pointer. I understand now, that those microcontrollers differ with standard bootloader, either CAN bootloader or UART. Could You please help me with comprehension of that concept? As far as I understand it, after reset, if some hardware prerequirements are met, microprocessor starts execution at some special position in memory. And there is code to activate serial port in UA case and CAN controller in CA case by means of main program can be fetched. Is that correct or need some amendments? If the former, is there a possibility to reprogram boot area of CA controller to fetch program via serial port? braton
braton@gmail.com wrote:
> > Thanks for your pointer. I understand now, that those microcontrollers > differ with standard bootloader, either CAN bootloader or UART. Could > You please help me with comprehension of that concept? As far as I > understand it, after reset, if some hardware prerequirements are met, > microprocessor starts execution at some special position in memory. > And there is code to activate serial port in UA case and CAN > controller in CA case by means of main program can be fetched. Is that > correct or need some amendments? If the former, is there a possibility > to reprogram boot area of CA controller to fetch program via serial > port?
The menus on the EE tools parallel pgmr we have here, shows Boot memory area and options for load/pgm. So, certainly in parallel mode, it is possible. -jg

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference