ARM7 + FPGA development board

Started by jr8 July 11, 2007
I'm looking for a dev board that has an ARM7 chip alongside a FPGA with 1M
gates or more. I've been googling for a while now but have yet to find
anything suitable. Does anyone know where I could find such a board?

One million seems to be quite a lot. If you think you can live with half a million there's Xylo-L (http://www.knjn.com/board_Xylo.html). Regards, Dominic
What about using an FPGA + ARM7 softcore, http://www.actel.com/products/mpu/coremp7/default.aspx Prototype board: http://www.actel.com/products/hardware/devkits_boards/coremp7.aspx Hans www.ht-lab.com
"jr8" <lionjr8@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I'm looking for a dev board that has an ARM7 chip alongside a FPGA with 1M > gates or more. I've been googling for a while now but have yet to find > anything suitable. Does anyone know where I could find such a board? > >
The new development kit for the CAP9 has an AT91 ARM9 augmented with a dedicated interface between the MCU and the FPGA, allowing the FPGA to access most of the internals of the MCU. I.E: the FPGA can read and write the internal SRAM of the MCU. It can also read and write to the SDRAM connected to the MCU External bus interface, so you can build a design with a shared SDRAM. No need for dual SDRAM banks. The development kit has a 2 M gate Stratix. There will be a CAP9 + Virtex board coming out later as well as a CAP7 with the ARM7TDMI, but that is not ready yet. Check out the CAP products on the www.atmel.com website. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

> The new development kit for the CAP9 has an AT91 ARM9 augmented with > a dedicated interface between the MCU and the FPGA, allowing > the FPGA to access most of the internals of the MCU. > > I.E: the FPGA can read and write the internal SRAM of the MCU. > It can also read and write to the SDRAM connected to the MCU > External bus interface, so you can build a design with a shared SDRAM. > No need for dual SDRAM banks. > > The development kit has a 2 M gate Stratix. > There will be a CAP9 + Virtex board coming out later > as well as a CAP7 with the ARM7TDMI, but that is not ready yet. > > Check out the CAP products on the www.atmel.com website.
any price guidelines on these yet Ulf ? -jg
"Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.maps.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote: > >> The new development kit for the CAP9 has an AT91 ARM9 augmented with >> a dedicated interface between the MCU and the FPGA, allowing >> the FPGA to access most of the internals of the MCU. >> >> I.E: the FPGA can read and write the internal SRAM of the MCU. >> It can also read and write to the SDRAM connected to the MCU >> External bus interface, so you can build a design with a shared SDRAM. >> No need for dual SDRAM banks. >> >> The development kit has a 2 M gate Stratix. >> There will be a CAP9 + Virtex board coming out later >> as well as a CAP7 with the ARM7TDMI, but that is not ready yet. >> >> Check out the CAP products on the www.atmel.com website. > > any price guidelines on these yet Ulf ? > > -jg >
$3500 as far as I understand, and this is a baseboard and a CPU module with CPU + FPGA + Memory and a large Stratix. I expect that there will be people building boards with Spartan & Cyclone and then pricing will be down in ~ $100-200. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> "Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.maps.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet > news:4698981c$1@clear.net.nz... > > Ulf Samuelsson wrote: > > > >> The new development kit for the CAP9 has an AT91 ARM9 augmented with > >> a dedicated interface between the MCU and the FPGA, allowing > >> the FPGA to access most of the internals of the MCU. > >> > >> I.E: the FPGA can read and write the internal SRAM of the MCU. > >> It can also read and write to the SDRAM connected to the MCU > >> External bus interface, so you can build a design with a shared SDRAM. > >> No need for dual SDRAM banks. > >> > >> The development kit has a 2 M gate Stratix. > >> There will be a CAP9 + Virtex board coming out later > >> as well as a CAP7 with the ARM7TDMI, but that is not ready yet. > >> > >> Check out the CAP products on the www.atmel.com website. > > > > any price guidelines on these yet Ulf ? > > > > -jg > > > > $3500 as far as I understand, and this is a baseboard and a CPU module > with CPU + FPGA + Memory and a large Stratix. > I expect that there will be people building boards with Spartan & Cyclone > and then pricing will be down in ~ $100-200.
So does that mean Atmel are releasing the External-FPGA parts, as 'available parts' for general design. in both CAP9 and CAP7 families ? -jg

Memfault Beyond the Launch