Need Help in writing driver for LCD

Started by preetu July 19, 2007
Hi All
I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After reading
the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD controller has
to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write the LCD driver with
some sample C code.Please help me out in solving this

Thanks

"preetu" <preethi.nandakumar@wipro.com> wrote in message
> Hi All > I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After reading > the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD controller has > to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write the LCD driver with > some sample C code.Please help me out in solving this > > Thanks > >
umm ok, what sort of LCD is it? what uC? what have you got working so far? have you got a schematic?
preetu wrote:
> Hi All > I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After reading > the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD controller has > to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write the LCD driver with > some sample C code.Please help me out in solving this
I'm confused. Do you think that *anyone* could help you without more information?
On 19/07/2007 preetu wrote:

> Hi All > I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After > reading the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD > controller has to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write > the LCD driver with some sample C code.Please help me out in solving > this > > Thanks >
I need some money, so please send me a winning lottery ticket. I am desperately awaiting your assistance with this problem. -- John B
On 19 Jul 2007 22:08:09 GMT, "John B"
<spamj_baraclough@blockerzetnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 19/07/2007 preetu wrote: > >> Hi All >> I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After >> reading the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD >> controller has to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write >> the LCD driver with some sample C code.Please help me out in solving >> this >> >> Thanks >> > >I need some money, so please send me a winning lottery ticket. I am >desperately awaiting your assistance with this problem.
I cannot send you the winning ticket, but I can help you with the numbers. I am pretty sure that it is some sort of combination of the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Anton
On 21/07/2007 Anton Erasmus wrote:

> On 19 Jul 2007 22:08:09 GMT, "John B" > <spamj_baraclough@blockerzetnet.co.uk> wrote: > > > On 19/07/2007 preetu wrote: > > > >> Hi All > >> I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After > >> reading the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD > >> controller has to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write > >> the LCD driver with some sample C code.Please help me out in > solving >> this > >> > >> Thanks > >> > > > > I need some money, so please send me a winning lottery ticket. I am > > desperately awaiting your assistance with this problem. > > I cannot send you the winning ticket, but I can help you with the > numbers. I am pretty sure that it is some sort of combination of the > numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. > > Anton
Thanks Anton, I knew I was going wrong somewhere. 011100101101101 just doesn't cut it with the lottery. ;-) -- John B
I have implemented a LCD driver on the Xilinx ML403 board using the
MicroBlaze soft processor. You can read more in my blog:
http://www.fpgafromscratch.com (part 31 and forward).

Sven

On Jul 19, 3:08 pm, "John B" <spamj_baraclo...@blockerzetnet.co.uk>
wrote:
> On 19/07/2007 preetu wrote: > > Hi All > > I'm new to embedded development.I'm supposed to work on LCD.After > > reading the data sheet,to power on the LCD some RSB pin in the LCD > > controller has to set to low.Can anybody give idea of how to write > > the LCD driver with some sample C code.Please help me out in solving > > this > > > Thanks > > I need some money, so please send me a winning lottery ticket. I am > desperately awaiting your assistance with this problem. > > -- > John B
That was goodOne ;-) ali