Code protection on OKI ARM ML67Q5003

Started by ggabe September 28, 2004
The OKI ML674/ML675 series is a nice ARM MCU, but I did not find any
details in the datasheets on flash code protection. Is there a code
protection implemented to prevent reading? Some ARM MCU seems to be
wide open when it comes to accessing flash through JTAG.
ggabe@mail.com (ggabe) wrote in message news:<3236f206.0409281221.5d383d6e@posting.google.com>...
> The OKI ML674/ML675 series is a nice ARM MCU, but I did not find any > details in the datasheets on flash code protection. Is there a code > protection implemented to prevent reading? Some ARM MCU seems to be > wide open when it comes to accessing flash through JTAG.
Hi, OKI miss this issue like Philips did in their LPC2106. In ML67Q5003 all code is wide open for read, the only protection I can found in their datasheets is for write protect blocks of memory i.e. prevent user from accedently write over certain memory areas. Best regards Tsvetan --- PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb) PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html) Development boards for ARM, AVR, PIC, and MSP430 (http://www.olimex.com/dev)
You are correct, Philips missed code protection in the LPC2106 but
Philips learned this lesson fast and the newer devices in 64-pin and
144-pin package offer code protection.

Schwob

tusunov@my-deja.com (Tsvetan Usunov) wrote in message news:<dd52331e.0409282206.72063bbf@posting.google.com>...
> ggabe@mail.com (ggabe) wrote in message news:<3236f206.0409281221.5d383d6e@posting.google.com>... > > The OKI ML674/ML675 series is a nice ARM MCU, but I did not find any > > details in the datasheets on flash code protection. Is there a code > > protection implemented to prevent reading? Some ARM MCU seems to be > > wide open when it comes to accessing flash through JTAG. > > Hi, > > OKI miss this issue like Philips did in their LPC2106. > In ML67Q5003 all code is wide open for read, the only protection I can > found in their datasheets is for write protect blocks of memory i.e. > prevent user from accedently write over certain memory areas. > > Best regards > Tsvetan > --- > PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb > (http://www.olimex.com/pcb) > PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html) > Development boards for ARM, AVR, PIC, and MSP430 > (http://www.olimex.com/dev)

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference