lpc2138 taking commands merely as a suggestion?

Started by kosta July 29, 2007
Im working on an embedded project and I'm currently using an Olimex P-
Lpc2138
board. After having the device misbehave badly, I decided to try
something
simpler - to control the leds on the development board.

After seeing what happened, I realized that something is very wrong.

Even very simple code which just turns on and off the leds
repetitively, doesn't
work correctly - sometimes the PLL would fail to lock, sometimes loops
don't
work and cause he code not to run at all...

I compile the code with -O0 optimizations usually, but oddly enough
sometimes
when I try other types of optimization, some work better in making the
leds work
correctly.

Obviously I'm getting very frustrated over this, and I'm starting to
lose
hope... - I can't even get dbg in eclipse to debug the code!

I will be glad to provide any other information which might help
resolve this, I
just don't really know what might be needed - please tell me if theres
anything
else you need to know, and I will promptly provide the info.

Thanks in advance,
Kosta

may pay to go via the support forum Kosta, Support Forum: http://www.sparkfun.com/cgi-bin/phpbb/index.php Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659 USB Flash Drive interface for existing products. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
On Jul 29, 11:05 am, Don McKenzie <l...@mysig.com> wrote:
> kosta wrote: > > Im working on an embedded project and I'm currently using an Olimex P- > > Lpc2138 > > board. After having the device misbehave badly, I decided to try > > something > > simpler - to control the leds on the development board. > > may pay to go via the support forum Kosta, > > Support Forum:http://www.sparkfun.com/cgi-bin/phpbb/index.php > > Don... > > -- > Don McKenzie > > Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap > E-Mail Contact Page:http://www.dontronics.com/email > No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com > > Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards.http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659 > > USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Thanks - I actually asked there as well...
kosta wrote:

> On Jul 29, 11:05 am, Don McKenzie <l...@mysig.com> wrote: > >>kosta wrote: >> >>>Im working on an embedded project and I'm currently using an Olimex P- >>>Lpc2138 >>>board. After having the device misbehave badly, I decided to try >>>something >>>simpler - to control the leds on the development board. >> >>may pay to go via the support forum Kosta, >> >>Support Forum:http://www.sparkfun.com/cgi-bin/phpbb/index.php >> >>Don...
> Thanks - I actually asked there as well...
:-) OK, the board designer is a moderator of that group, so he may get back to you eventually. If he doesn't, try Olimex support. Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659 USB Flash Drive interface for existing products. http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference